Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

EtherCAT (CoE) communication problems

tomm
2017-10-26
2017-10-26
  • tomm - 2017-10-26

Hello,

I have some problems with my EtherCAT communication and am trying to analyze the source of the problem. I would really appreciate if someone could help me or lead me into the right direction.

I am using Lenze hardware and the Lenze PLC Designer to program the plc. There are a bunch of drives connected to the EtherCAT bus and also two I/O-gateways.

When I start the plc it takes always very long till the bus starts up (from init to operational). This takes at minimum on minute. I find that rather long but maybe it is just normal. I don’t have much experience with EtherCAT yet.

So, after ‘power on’ the bus enters the operational state and as soon as the drives get power (for the motors) the EtherCAT log in the PLC Designer fills up with error massages (see attached picture). Sometimes, not always, I am getting the “WKC error…”. As soon as that error occurs I cannot restart (warm reset) the plc. The EtherCAT bus won’t enter the operational state anymore only until I completely turn off and on the mains switch.

I don’t really know where to begin with my search. Can someone help me with that?

Thank you!
    Tomm

IMG: EtherCAT Error

• josepmariarams - 2017-10-26

We had the same problem some time ago. Lenze uses filesOverEthercat to send drives parameterization at starting, and it takes some time.

But after firmware actualization of drives, plcdesigner and conyroller firmware starting time and errors becames better.