Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Storing Trend Data to SD Card

2017-09-18
2022-04-07
  • barnstormer - 2017-09-18

How can I store the trend data to an SD Card in a PFC200 PLC? (750-1802) I can't seem to find a reference or I'm not searching for the right word. In a previous post, Edwin suggested to store the trend data in the SD card instead of the internal flash to protect the flash from multiple writes - eventually wearing it out. This sounds like a great idea!

I'm familiar with Linux. If I know the name of the trend data file, I could create a symbolic link in the OS, but I hope there is a better way.

Thanks!

• barnstormer - 2017-09-20

To follow up, I decided to load the PFC200 runtime and application on an SD Card. This way, the trend data is stored on the SD Card and if the SD Card dies because of too many writes, I can replace the SD Card instead of replacing the PLC. Everything seems to be running fine. The PLC is a WAGO 750-8202.

• e.kislov - 2017-09-20

barnstormer hat geschrieben:
    To follow up, I decided to load the . This way, the trend data is stored on the SD Card and because of too many writes, I can replace the SD Card instead of replacing the PLC. Everything seems to be running fine. The PLC is a WAGO 750-8202.

But if the SD card dies, runtime dies too?.. Or maybe I misunderstand part with "PFC200 runtime and application on an SD Card".

• marcs - 2022-04-07

Good afternoon everyone, could you please help me, I'm just learning, I would like to store data in the sd memory of my plc it's a wago 750-8202, to be able to see the trace history of an analog signal

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-09-20

Hi,

yes, sorry for the late response... would recommend to work with the runtime out of the internal Flash,
    but hold the application files on SD Card:

you Need to change the following section in /etc/CODESYSControl.cfg or better remove it there an move thes User Parameter to /etc/CODESYSControl_User.cfg

[SysFile]
    PlcLogicPrefix=1
    PlaceholderFilePath=/media/sd, $PlcLogic$"

BR
    Edwin

• barnstormer - 2017-09-20

Thank you. I modified /etc/CODESYSControl.cfg as follows:

[SysFile]
    FilePath.1=/etc/, 3S.dat
    PlaceholderFilePath.1=/media/sd, $PlcLogic$
    PlaceholderFilePath.1.View=1
    PlaceholderFilePath.1.Volatile=1
    PlcLogicPrefix=1

The only line I really changed was the first PlaceholderFilePath.1 line. I changed the last parameter from $SDCard$ to $PlcLogic$

After a reboot, I see the application, trend and other directories on the SD card. (ls /media/sd)

ac_persistence Application lost+found visu
    alarms _cnc trend

Note, I formatted the SD Card with a single partition and EXT4 file system.