Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Editor at high DPI monitors and 150% scaling

Joan M
2017-08-20
2017-09-19
  • Joan M - 2017-08-20

Hello all,

I've bought a couple of Quad HD monitors and therefore I've scaled them at 150% to endure I can read texts.

I'm using TwinCAT 3 and I can see the editors (codesys embedded inside Visual Studio) show bad scaled fonts.

Is there something I can do to improve the fonts?

PS: please avoid recommending putting back the monitor at 100% and using glasses...

Thank you all!

• Anonymous - 2017-09-19

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

I don't think there is anything you can do. It is a know issue on the dot net platform. The developers of TwinCat need to make some changes for supporting 125% and 150% scaling. Until those behind the scenes changes are made, you will have text not fitting in boxes, etc. on our platform, the developers optimized 125% and are about to release 150% optimization.

I miss the old days where screen resolution could actually be adjusted for this exact reason... I don't know anyone who can read a 1920 x whatever screen when it is only 15 inches like on my notebook.