Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

EWON

Anonymous
2017-08-14
2024-02-21
  • Anonymous - 2017-08-14

Originally created by: ph0010421

Hello
    I'm having problems connecting to my Codesys PLC through an Ewon Cosy. I can see other parts of the target (it's an HMI/FTP server aswell).
    Is there an option I need to set?
    thanks

• TimvH

TimvH - 2017-08-18

Don't use the "Scan for devices", because you have probably created a VPN tunnel and this doesn't work.
    You have to use TCP/IP communication, therefore just enter the IP address of your CODESYS Controller in your communication settings dialog. Then it will try to connect by TCP/IP with the controller.

• Anonymous - 2017-08-19

Thank you.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-08-19

Hi,
    there is a known error with current Gateway ( you need to use as a workaround <SP10 CODESYS Gateway - will be fixed to 3.5SP12)

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2017-08-19

Thank you, too.

• GPezzolato - 2019-05-06

TimvH hat geschrieben:
    Don't use the "Scan for devices", because you have probably created a VPN tunnel and this doesn't work.
    You have to use TCP/IP communication, therefore just enter the IP address of your CODESYS Controller in your communication settings dialog. Then it will try to connect by TCP/IP with the controller.

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I'm a new user of the codesys 3.5.
    Last week I installed the version 3.5 SP14 Patch 2.
    I have the same problem with eWON Cosy, but probably I'm not setting the right parameters/address. How can I connect without the "scan for devices" ?
    I can only connect to the device directly (ethernet cable from pc to device) and with Gateway "localhost".
    Thank you

• martincapd - 2024-02-21

I have the same problem in that I can connect to the eWon and ping the controller IP Address, however I cant connect through CodeSys.

I'm using Gateway-1 which is configured to use "IP-Address: localhost" and "Port: 1217". Rather than scanning the network for devices, I enter the IP Address of the device, codesys returns a "No Device is repsonding..." message. See attached.

I'm wondering if the IP-Address used Gateway-1 should be "localhost" or the WAN/LAN IP of the eWon?

Thanks for the help

MC

Last edit: martincapd 2024-02-21
  • martincapd - 2024-02-21

Forgot to add our system was programmed using Codesys v3.5.10.5.

Last edit: martincapd 2024-02-21