Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Tag communication protocol

AppliedJoe
2017-08-08
2017-08-09
  • AppliedJoe - 2017-08-08

Hi,

Does anybody know how CODESYS V3 communicates with other devices via Symbol Configuration Object.

For example, I use a Windows based HMI runtime to interface with my CODESYS PLC. The protocol is defined as CODESYS V3 ETH within the HMI software and it involves importing an .xml file that is generated by the Symbol Configuration.

I would like to develop my own HMI and I would like to use the same protocol but I can't see how it works.

I believe it uses UDP/IP and ports 1740 - 1743 but I might be wrong.

Any insight would be useful.

Thanks

• hermsen

hermsen - 2017-08-08

Dear Joe,

Your question is a bit vague, can you elaborate on more details on what your are trying to achieve?

Thanx.

• AppliedJoe - 2017-08-09

Hi,

http://www.jmobile.net/download_jmsuite.html

-The JMobile HMI Runtime uses a protocol called CODESYS V3 ETH to communicate with CODESYS.

-All you have to do to make it work is create a Symbol Configuration Object in CODESYS and import the generated file into JMobile and then you can read/write the tags in the PLC.

-I want to use this protocol in my application.

• hermsen

hermsen - 2017-08-09

EDIT;

A way is to use the C#/C++ plugin to talk with the runtimes directly. Ask 3S for this possibility.

• AppliedJoe - 2017-08-09

I want to develop my own application.

I do not want to use JMobile.

I just want to know how JMobile does it so I can replicate it.