Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

SSL/TLS Mail client?

Anonymous
2017-07-20
2020-02-19
  • Anonymous - 2017-07-20

Originally created by: Paul K.

Hi All,

Here's the context: I'm working on a program that's supposed to send status updates via e-mail. We currently use the SMTP client included in the Oscat Network library, and even though it works, it does not support any kind of encryption.

We would like to switch to a more advanced system that would allow to use SSL or TLS to encrypt the e-mails, however I couldn't find any library that would allow me to do so.
    The newer Oscat Network library does show a SSL option, however after reading the documentation and looking at the packets through Wireshark it's not working with our current setup.

We're using the JanzTec A500 running WinCE.

Has anybody heard of a SMTP client library that would support SSL/TLS encryption? I've seen one on the Codesys store but I'm not sure it handles encryption and it's costly to implement...

Thaks a lot,

Paul

• Anonymous - 2017-07-21

Originally created by: KevinR

Hello Paul,

you can find a mail services library in the codesys store, which supports TLS encryption.
    https://store.codesys.com/mail-service.html

Please check the requirements, because it needs the runtime version > 3.5.10.X

I've tested the library and it works very well with 3.5.11.0. With lower Versions the connection process takes very long.

Best Regards,
    KevinR

• FabioPD - 2020-02-19

Hello Paul

Have you found a solution?

I try to send an email by OSCAT to my gmail but nothing..may be the prolblem is the SSL option that is not enabled in this function...

I have ERROR_C= 0xA0000
    Error_T = 5