Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Serial Com Library

Anonymous
2017-06-19
2017-06-20
  • Anonymous - 2017-06-19

Originally created by: ph0010421

Hello team
    I'm using the Serial Com Library from the Codesys Store. It appears as V3.5.7.0

My target uses 3.5.10.10
    Should this be ok?
    The reason I ask is that I'm finding the Runtime 'fragile', and it appears to be connected to this library.

Can someone confirm please?

Thanks
    Paul

IMG: sercomlib.JPG

• nothinrandom - 2017-06-20

ph0010421 hat geschrieben:
    Hello team
    I'm using the Serial Com Library from the Codesys Store. It appears as V3.5.7.0
    My target uses 3.5.10.10
    Should this be ok?
    The reason I ask is that I'm finding the Runtime 'fragile', and it appears to be connected to this library.
    Can someone confirm please?
    Thanks
    Paul

I'm running 3.5.10.40, and I'm seeing the same Serial library. What this means is that it's the latest build (i.e. most stable). Maybe you can elaborate more on the fragility aspects. I've done some simple testing, and it works great so far.

• Anonymous - 2017-06-20

Originally created by: ph0010421

Hello nothinrandom
    Thanks for the reply. I'm encouraged that you are having no problems.
    The FBs do work, but I'm seeing the rt crash during an online edit for example.
    If I don't 'use' any of the FBs then I'm ok.

I do repeatedly execute the COM.Read (toggle the xExecute with its own xDone flag) and wonder if 'something' can't keep up.
    As an aside, the szSize output seems to have a value in when it shouldn't, but that's for another time.
    Thanks
    Paul