Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Compare array

NBCC
2017-05-02
2017-05-05
  • NBCC - 2017-05-02

Hi all.
    I am new to codesys but I am getting the hang of it. I only struggle with the arrays. Now i need to do some actions with arrays and i have no idea how to start.
    Here's the situation:
    I want to put 50 codes into the plc (these will never change). When someone scans an article, a code is given in the plc with an "array [0..3] of byte".
    Now I want to compare this result with the 50 other codes. All codes are the same length.
    But i have no idea how to compare the array of byte with the codes. How to convert the array to a string? Or are there other options? Does anyone knows a solution with this problem?
    All has to be done in ST btw

Many thanks.

• teichhei - 2017-05-02

Hi,

I would stick the codes into an array of dwords, a pointer to dword to the 4 bytes that come from the scanner and then a for loop to look through the array to see if you find a match.

Heinz

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• NBCC - 2017-05-02

teichhei hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    I would stick the codes into an array of dwords, a pointer to dword to the 4 bytes that come from the scanner and then a for loop to look through the array to see if you find a match.
    Heinz

I could check that
    Do you know if it is possible by converting it into a string or whatever? It could be easy to know when i have to work on other projects if there are more bytes.
    Thanks in advance

• teichhei - 2017-05-03

You can also leave the codes as an Array of string and use oscat basic Chr_to_string and concat in a loop to build your string from bytes. Or you do a pointer to string with an address of aByte[0..79] and load your four bytes into [0..3] and make sure the rest stays 0. Then it's flexible with the lenght as well.

• NBCC - 2017-05-03

Thanks for the reply I'll work on it

• Anonymous - 2017-05-05

Originally created by: KevinR

Hello NBCC,

check out the CAA Memory Library. There is a Compare function under the category "CAA_Memory" --> "Analysis" -->"ARRAY and MemoryBlock". With this function you can compare arrays and find the first position of the change.

wPosition := MEM.Compare(ADR(arrArray1),ADR(arrArray2),SIZEOF(arrArray1));
    IF wPosition >= 1 THEN
    Β  Β  ; // difference on position X
    END_IF

Regards,
    KevinR