Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

[OOP] How to implement "HAS A"... that is, instance of class within a class

jcpershe
2017-04-28
2017-06-07
  • jcpershe - 2017-04-28

I have created a class (FB with Methods and Properties).

I would like one the variables within this class to be another class (FB with Methods and Properties).

But when I try to use F2 to enter a specific method or property of the instance within the instance, I cannot find the instance within.

I would like to access the elements something like:
    ourLargeSystem[3].mySubSystem.mySubInt := 4;

This doesn't seem to work. I get an error that 'mySubSystem' is not an input of largeSystem.

Here's some pseudo-code. What I am doing wrong.

Thanks for any ideas. I must be missing something.
    JP

GlobalVariables
    ourLargeSystems : ARRRAY[1..10] OF largeSystem;
    END Global Variables

FB largeSystem
    VAR
    _myInt : INT;
    _myReal : REAL;
    mySubSystem : subSystem

END_VAR
    etc... with Methods and Properties

FB subSystem
    VAR
    _mySubInt : INT;
    END_VAR
    etc. with Methods and Properties

Related

Talk.ru: 3

• Anonymous - 2017-04-28

Originally created by: scott_cunningham

Your problem is scope of variables. Items defined as VARs of FBs are not available outside of the FB.

• josepmariarams - 2017-04-28

If you want to acces variables outside fb you habe to declare its as var_input.

But is a best practice to acces its via methotds (get set).

• chris.beard - 2017-04-29

For true OOP you should be able to make the new fb with the extends or implements setting and then also use the super command too see the following as a good example. https://infosys.beckhoff.com/english.ph ... 9.html&id=

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• jcpershe - 2017-05-10

Josep M. Rams hat geschrieben:
    If you want to acces variables outside fb you habe to declare its as var_input.
    But is a best practice to acces its via methotds (get set).

Thank you. That was the issue. I plan to use the methods for the member instances, but I could not "see" the member methods and properties until I moved the variable to VAR_INPUT.

Thanks.
    jcp

• Anonymous - 2017-05-12

You can also define the object as a VAR in your function block and then create a property for your function block that returns a reference to the object. Only create the get - delete the set. You can then have access to the internal object's methods and properties.

• Anonymous - 2017-06-07

Here is a screen shot of your solution using a property and REFERENCE TO. You have access to all of subsystem's methods and properties. You do not have access to subsystem's internal VARs like mySubInt (the only debugger does, however). I used the property CurrentCount for that. (You could have a Set function for CurrentCount, and then you basically have access to your internal var).

IMG: has