Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Running more controllers in tandem on a single devbox (or a single networked resource)

hermsen
2017-04-12
2017-04-22
  • hermsen

hermsen - 2017-04-12

Hi,

Has anybody got any experience with running more then one softcontroller (softplc/target) on a single machine in tandem?
    This offcourse provided that the hardware is sufficient (CPU, Memory). I can imagine that these runtimes then should have different TCP port per target. Is this supported or not? It would be nice if these tandem targets can have different versions, whatever the preference or need is. I imagine that the system hardware resources only limits the possibilities.

Thanks!

• hermsen

hermsen - 2017-04-20

BUMP

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2017-04-20

Hi,
    this is an open point:
    'Control Win: use multiple instances on one hardware'
    at the moment not possible / open.

What is your exact use case, testing purpose, run licensed instances ...?

BR
    Edwin

• hermsen

hermsen - 2017-04-22

My use case is testing/development purpose with a mix of licensed/unlicensed targets.
    I presume that solving this for non realtime targets should be less complex then RT capable targets, because of the dedicated hardware requirements for RT targets.

If one installs non-rt targets in parallel on a single devbox and assigns different IP-ports to the runtimes, this should be, in theory, possible.