Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Two Servo Master/Slave, Mechanically linked tunning

2017-02-14
2017-02-14
  • johnfarrugia - 2017-02-14

I have a question regarding tuning options for our system.
    The machine has a large gantry system which has a servo on each end of it to move it along the rail.

The system programming is relatively simple using a master/slave setup and having one follow the other. However, I got thinking about initial system startup. What is the best way to tune a servo that is mechanically linked to another servo. Can you link them and then tune? Every way I think of doing it doesn't sound like the best way.

I'd love to get your input on the best way to tune mechanically linked servos on a gantry. The gantry is over 10 feet wide so moving one servo at a time isn't an option...unless its a very small amount like 10-20mm

• josepmariarams - 2017-02-14

We made gantrys of this size (3m?) More or less but we can move one exe being the other disabled.

We disable one axe and put the other in speed mode (position loop disabled) and increase the speed proportional since the axe makes noise. After that we reduce th proportional gain around 25β„…. We leave the speed integral disabled.

After that we close the position loop and increase priportional position gain since the axis becomes inestable and reduces the gain at least 30β„….

One mechanical question. We need some machanical freedom degree between both axes.