Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Serial communication library and Modbus Rtu library

Anonymous
2017-01-20
2017-01-25
  • Anonymous - 2017-01-20

Originally created by: ph0010421

Hello
    Rt 3.5.7.10
    I can use the Modbus RTU library without problem to talk to Modbus slaves.
    I have now added the serial communication library to use another serial port (not modbus).
    When I open this port, the modbus dies after 1 minute (error 162, CRC error)
    If I don't open the new port then the modbus comms is happy for 'ever'.
    Any suggestions?
    Paul

• Kim - 2017-01-25

Further information to Paul/Codesys:

Paul is running Codesys on a Beijer Electronics TxB SoftControl master, runtime v3.5.7.10.
    I am able to reproduce the error in my office. I get Modbus going, all is fine, then I open a completely different port using the COM.Open block. This causes the Modbus to fail after a certain time, always around 55s.

However, if I try using a PC with Codesys RTE v3.5.9.40 or a Beijer Electronics X2 Control, runtime v3.5.9.50, then everything works fine.
    So... the error seems to be related to either Codesys SP7 or the TxB SoftControl itself.

Request to Codesys:
    Please check JIRA logs for anything related to this between SP7 Patch 1 and SP9 Patch 4 and Beijer Electronics will continue investigating how ports are handled by the old TxB master.

Kim Hansen
    Beijer Electronics Products AB