CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 pm 
Frequent User
Frequent User

I don't think your array initialization will ever work without a change from 3s. If you play around a bit, one of the precompile errors will be Cannot convert type 'SINT' to type 'MyObject'.

To clarify... when you try to initialize your array, you are defining what your objects should literally BE, not how they should initialize. Take for example:

Code:
MyArray : ARRAY[0..1] OF INT := [1, 2];

You are telling the compiler you want your integers to BE integers 1 and then 2.

If you do:

Code:
MyArray : ARRAY[0..1] OF MyObject := [1, 2];

You are telling the compiler that you want your MyObjects to BE integers 1 and then 2.

This is not the same as having your object instantiate with a value of 1 and then 2. I doubt CoDeSys can do what you are hoping for.

In fact, this works (unfortunately, the precompiler really wants me to use MyObject(0) - otherwise it complains I am not following the Fb_INIT):
Code:
VAR
   Obj1 : MyObject(1);
   Obj2 : MyObject(2);
   MyArray : ARRAY[0..1] OF MyObject(0) := [Obj1, Obj2];
END_VAR

But this means your objects have to be created first and then put into the array (not what you wanted).

Attachment:
array_init.png

If you are looking to simply have a unique ID with every instance, see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7348

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

www.kebamerica.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:25 am 

I hope some answers had given above have helped you with such a thing. Actually, I was trying to figure that out with CoDeSys for several times, but have called it a day afterwards. It's just because of lack of practice, because I'm new to programming, like new-new, I just have started with Java 2 months earlier. Now I have a brief confidence with fundamentals, by swotting all of them via these java tutorials https://explainjava.com/ They are written simple here, so it went out clear to me as to guys with no experience. But now I know for sure that CDS is not the very thing you need to try when you just have started practicing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:11 pm 
Frequent User
Frequent User

@Joan M

If anyone still looking for a way to achieve initialization of an array of objects through FB_Init, here's the syntax that worked for me:

MyObjectArray: ARRAY[0..3] OF MyObject[(1), (2), (3), (4)];

It is almost the same as Joan M tried in his exemple except that I have removed the " := " sign.

Enjoy.