LoialOtter - 2016-02-15

Good morning;

I'm having some issues with the gateway in codesys. I'm using STW's packaged variant but the part I'm having troubles with is stumping their support.

The setup I have is an STW ESX-3XM connected to a PEAK Systems PCAN adapter with a single terminating resistor. That's connected to my PC. I have nothing else connected and the system's being powered correctly. I am able to use KEFEX Winflash to flash the PLC using CAN and have monitored the CAN network with an oscilloscope and that side all seems fine.

The gateway is configured using the example CAN config in the gateway directory with a section added to turn on logging. The NodeId, Baudrate, BaseId and all that is correct.

The gateway can scan the network and it finds the PLC but within a few seconds after that the gateway disconnects from the CAN bus and thirty seconds later times out saying the PLC isn't present and I need to re-scan the network. Once in a while the gateway remains connected long enough for me to try logging in, but that causes it to immediately disconnect.

The StdLogger.csv file shows that the CAN DLL is loaded and configured when the scan is done then disconnects five seconds later. The channel times out after 30 seconds.

I'm really at a loss for what the issue is and have gone as far as to use procmon and wireshark to monitor the gateway and both show the same thing but don't show anything that would indicate an issue.

Thanks