Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Beckhoff EtherCat Serial Communication

2015-02-18
2020-01-23
  • yannickasselin1 - 2015-02-18

Hi there,
    Is it possible to use some EtherCat serial Communication terminals like the Beckhoff EL6001, EL6002, EL6021, EL6022 right in CODESYS?
    I know how to use them in TwinCat with the function blocks provided from Beckhoff but I'm wondering how to use them in CODESYS V3.
    Can I use the Beckhoff function blocks in CODESYS? Or are there any other function blocks I can use?
    Does someone have a sample code?

Thank you.

• rotemse - 2018-05-14

I also like to know the answer. I am using EL6021 (RS485).
    Can I use it with Codesys Modbus master?
    When I try, the Modbus master asks me for COM port...

How can we do that?

• rotemse - 2018-05-15

anyone?

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-05-16

Hi,
    no there are no drivers available to have them as serial device.
    The only way to use them is to use the process data in your application which is
    probably a huge effort.

BR
    Edwin

• perIpI - 2020-01-09

Sorry for bumping an old thread!

Is this still the case (no serial com-port driver available for Beckhoff EL602x-modules)??

Im using Berghof EC1000 with Beckhoff-IO and will need RS485 to communicate. Berghof EC1000 has on-board RS232 but not RS485. Speaking with supplier about availability of EC-COM 01/02 module which should provide RS485, but unsure if they are available. Are there other alternatives?

• i-campbell

i-campbell - 2020-01-09

An RS232 to RS485 converter will get you out of trouble.
    Here's an example from MOXA.
    https://www.iiotzone.com/tcc-100100i-series?c=3

If you don't want to use 232 for whatever reason, you can go via ethernet as well. You just install the Linux driver, and the remote comport shows up as a tty. Also from MOXA.
    https://www.iiotzone.com/nport-5100-series

I can't see any EL602x in the store or online help.

• perIpI - 2020-01-10

Thanks! Will try out a RS232/485 converter. Also got confirmed availability of Berghof EC-COM-02 unit with onboard RS485 (with some deliver time delay). Will update when tested.

• teafiboss - 2020-01-23

Hi all,
    I am a newcomer in the Codesys and EtherCAT world and I am absolutely amazed by the power and versatility of these systems.
    I have a Beckhoff EL6022 module (2 RS485 ports) and I would like to know if there is a way to communicate via Modbus RTU with PLCs or if it will be possible in the future.
    In my little development system I also have an EL6751 (CAN Master) and it works very well.
    I tried to insert the EL6022 in a test project but I did not understand how to use configurations such as Expert Process Data, Process Data, and so on.
    However, there are many other things that I didn't understand so I don't get angry
    BR
    Marcello