Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Rotating object in design time

Thillai
2014-09-25
2022-03-14
  • Thillai - 2014-09-25

Hello,
    How to rotate a object in design time in visualzation. Normally other software will have the options of Rotate right.Rotate left,Rotate 90,180,270 Options.Is there any options like that available in codesys like that. I can't find any tools like that.

• JAPIB

JAPIB - 2014-09-25

Hello

To rotate an objet you have to use the propertie : absolute movement -rotation.
    If you write 100, the objet will rotate clock wise.
    The rotation center is the small white cross in a black circle, you deplace. A line will turn around the center, a rectangle will move around the center while remaining horizontal.
    To rotate a rectangle and the text inside, use the propertie : internal rotation.

Try properties

• shooter - 2014-10-05

in design time you can not rotate an object, old item).
    in running only a polygon can be rotated.
    a rectangle can not be rotated in running.

• Thillai - 2014-10-06

Thank you for reply

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2014-10-06

Hi,

since CODESYS V3.5 SP4 you can now rotate every object.

In the category "Absolute Movement" there is now a new option "inner rotation". If you choose this you can rotate every object, even BMPs.

• JWendebaum

JWendebaum - 2017-06-08

Hello,
    I may be missing something here, but I don't see the "Interior Rotation" for an image, despite running 3.5.9.4 or even 3.5.10.

Is there a trick to get the "Interior rotation" field shown?

• stephan-K - 2018-11-29

I also don't see the option for "internal rotation" in 3.5.11.
    Anyone have any tips on how to make the "internal rotation" option appear for objects other then a polygon?

• Lo5tNet - 2018-12-03

This depends on the device you are using. If you don't see it for the specific device you are using I would check the device description file used for it. I have been able to get this option to show up and work on devices if you uncomment lines in the device description. What you are looking to uncomment is shown in the picture then you will need to reload the device description:

IMG: InteriorRotationEnable.PNG

• RoryLDM - 2019-01-10

Have you had any problems on devices that didn't support rotation out of the box?

• Lo5tNet - 2019-01-11

I have only used it on CrossControl and Eaton products and haven't had an issue. The one thing I have had to look out for was if i'm rotating object(s) a lot, simulating smooth animation, with fast cycle times the CPU load can become pretty high so the system starts to become less responsive.

I did also run into a device that doesn't have those lines in the device description and added them to it and it worked.

• alm - 2019-08-26

Comingback4u hat geschrieben:
    This depends on the device you are using. If you don't see it for the specific device you are using I would check the device description file used for it. I have been able to get this option to show up and work on devices if you uncomment lines in the device description. What you are looking to uncomment is shown in the picture then you will need to reload the device description

It seems like this doesn't work with SP 14 anymore.
    My device description doens't even have any lines with rotation.
    But still, in CodeSys I can't set the inner rotation. only the normal rotation, which doesnt work.
    Rotion doesn't do anything, it's not rotating the elements inside and also not rotating the element itself...
    Does it have any functionality?
    What am I missing here?

• Lo5tNet - 2019-08-26

Did you try adding those lines to the device description files like mentioned above to get access to the property? Maybe open up another device description with it in it to know where in the structure it needs to be placed. When looking at the device file for a SP14 WinV3 I still see the lines used under the "TargetConstraints" section so it seems to me it is still used.

Rotation is different and I've never had a use for it. The object moves around a center point but never changes the angle of the object:

IMG: RotateHelp.PNG

• alm - 2019-08-27

How would I be able to update my device description?
    My device description comes with a package, so I can't edit it.
    Or atleast I don't know how to edit it

• teichhei - 2019-08-31

I'm having issues with this too. Wago e!C 1.5.1.1.
    When using angle the bitmap (png) is showing correctly in design view, in simulation it isn't. Put 90 in Interior Rotation that doesn't do anything. When you put 180 in Angle it is back at 0. 179 or 181 shows correct in design view but again not in simulation mode. The only way I have at the moment is switch images and store them individually but that's silly. In the webvisu the images get loaded incorrectly and when pressing F5 appear in the right angle.
    This is completely stuffed up. Simulation, Webvisu and design view show the angles completely different.
    Codesys base is 3.5.13, is that fixed in later versions?

• Lo5tNet - 2019-09-03

As mentioned before this has worked in the devices I have used it in and can't speak for other products. I do not have any Wago hardware to test this with so I can't help on that front.

@alm,
    A package just installs all the files for the device in the correct directories. How I have done it is:
    1. Open up your device repository in CoDeSys and look for the device you are trying edit.
    2. Hit the details button.
    3/4/5. Shows the device information to find the file you want to edit.

After you know all the information you can then go to your CoDeSys Devices directory. You can see mine is "C:\ProgramData\Codesys\Devices". In here I will find the folder name from item 3. Then item 4. Then item 5 from the picture. So the complete folder directory would be "C:\ProgramData\CodeSys\Devices\4096\0000 0001\3.5.14.10". In side this folder is a "device.xml" file that you can edit with your favorite text based or xml editor. I would create a backup. Once you have edited the file you will need to restart CoDeSys if you had it open during the time of editing.

IMG: RotateHelp2.PNG

• jeffersonhui - 2020-01-29

Comingback4u hat geschrieben:
    This depends on the device you are using. If you don't see it for the specific device you are using I would check the device description file used for it. I have been able to get this option to show up and work on devices if you uncomment lines in the device description. What you are looking to uncomment is shown in the picture then you will need to reload the device description:
    InteriorRotationEnable.PNG

Hi, this ended up working for me! However, is it possible to rotate a bar display? I tried to simply add "bar display" to the <ts:value> line by changing the line to "Rectangle|Rounded Rectangle...|Bar display", but it did not work. Also, my bar display properties does not even have an option for absolute movement. Does absolute movement have to be "visible" for bar display for this to work? If yes, then how can I enable absolute movement for bar display. </ts:value>

I attached a screenshot for reference.

Thanks

IMG: bar_display.png

• Lo5tNet - 2020-01-29

I don't think a Bar Display has the option as it is not in any help file to rotate that object. That being said I don't know if you put it in a frame and rotate the frame what that could do. Looks like you can do it with a progress bar or a rectangle and sort of make your own control. Will take a little creativity.

• Nico01 - 2022-03-14

Good morning all,

I need your lights for the rotation of a rectangle:

rotation and interior rotation works perfectly on my dev PC.
    But on my PC Beckhoff (win ce7), the internal rotation bug!

On the video:
    left: pc development
    right: pc beckhoff.

https://youtu.be/THM0nm026js

Do you have an idea to fix this?

thank you in advance