CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:43 am 

Creation of own visual elements / objects
There are two possibilities to create own visual elements / objects
1. Possibility to create visualization objects with parameter interface and place them in a CODESYS library. One or more suitable visualizations can be created for each IEC 61131-3 function block.

2. Creating your own elements in IEC 61131-3 using the Visu Element Toolkit
Each visualization element is a function module. All degrees of freedom to dynamically draw objects on a drawing area and accept input. The Visu Element Toolkit needs a workstation license which can be ordered by the sales department.

For the WebVisu it is planned that own created HTML5 Controls can easily be adapted to the CODESYS programming system to extend the functionality for the WebVisu.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:46 pm 

Stefan Ambros wrote:
The Visu Element Toolkit needs a workstation license which can be ordered by the sales department.

This is what I can't seem to find. When I search for Visu Element Toolkit, I can't find anything. Not in the CODESYS Store and not on google. You also mention a workstation license, what's that? Where can I buy it? Is it the CODESYS Professional Developer Edition from the Store?

Stefan Ambros wrote:
For the WebVisu it is planned that own created HTML5 Controls can easily be adapted to the CODESYS programming system to extend the functionality for the WebVisu.

How do you know this? Is there any source for it? By planned you mean that they have a time window in which they want to implement it or do you mean that they want to implement it but are not yet ready for it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 am 
Frequent User
Frequent User

alm wrote:
This is what I can't seem to find. When I search for Visu Element Toolkit, I can't find anything. Not in the CODESYS Store and not on google. You also mention a workstation license, what's that? Where can I buy it? Is it the CODESYS Professional Developer Edition from the Store?

What he's saying is it's currently only sold to oem-customers, as it is relatively expensive (for private persons) and also involves some support time.

alm wrote:
How do you know this? Is there any source for it? By planned you mean that they have a time window in which they want to implement it or do you mean that they want to implement it but are not yet ready for it?

He is the product owner ;)
It is not a comittment for 2019 but is likely to be a comittment for 2020.

Best regards,
Marcel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:45 pm 

m.prestel wrote:
What he's saying is it's currently only sold to oem-customers, as it is relatively expensive (for private persons) and also involves some support time.

I'm not a private person. I'm working for a company, and we might need this product. Still the question stays: where can I find it? Is there no link for it? Do I have to contact them directly? But then, how would anyone even know this product existed if it's not on the internet. I can only find the PDF for it but not the tool itself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:00 pm 
Frequent User
Frequent User

The sales team (should ;) ) know which products are sold.

No, there is no link for it. Yes.

Best regards,
Marcel