Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Control Win V3 does not always start

janjo
2014-05-21
2014-12-02
  • janjo - 2014-05-21

Hi
    Sometimes the Control Win V3 does not start and I have to restart my computer.
    Is there something I can do to not make this happen and/or is there a way to restart it without restart of the computer?

Thanks

• TimvH

TimvH - 2014-05-21

Do you have the control win license on a dongle?

• janjo - 2014-05-21

No, free trial. I did not have this problem before, it started when I run Test Manager but it is likely connected to my test cases.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-05-21

Hi,

you need to check the plc log:

by default it is disabled as file (only accessible by CODESYS IDE) you need to remove the ';' on the following section in the CODESYSControl.cfg
    ("c:\Program Files (x86)\3S CODESYS\GatewayPLC\CODESYSControl.cfg" ) increase maxentries and MaxFilesize too.
    After include this you could check the files in your runtime directory c:\Program Files (x86)\3S CODESYS\GatewayPLC

[CmpLog]
    Logger.0.Name=PlcLog
    Logger.0.Filter=0xFFFFFFFF
    Logger.0.Enable=1
    Logger.0.MaxEntries=100000
    Logger.0.MaxFileSize=500000
    Logger.0.MaxFiles=3
    Logger.0.Backend.0.ClassId=0x0000010B
    Logger.0.Backend.1.ClassId=0x00000104
    Logger.0.Type=0x314 ;Set the timestamp to RTC
    Logger.1.Name=CommLog
    Logger.1.Enable=1

from my experience the reason could be:

Either there is a exception on start (which you will see then in the log, like processor overload exception for example)
    or are you using retains and there is no graceful shutdown of the plc? (check your project if there are retains)

BR
    Edwin

• bezzaouia - 2014-12-01

hi,
    I have a problem in starting CoDeSys control win V3. it run for more than one sec and stop again

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-12-02

Hi,

would recommend to use the current version which is 3.5.5.40

BR
    Edwin