Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Sysmem, unresolved references at download

T Mattsson
2014-02-06
2014-02-06
  • T Mattsson - 2014-02-06

Trying to download a new project I get the following download errors (no reported build errors or CANbus errors):

Unresolved reference: 'SYSMEMFREEDATA'
    Unresolved reference: 'SYSMEMALLOCDATA'
    Unresolved reference: 'SYSMEMCPY'

Does anybody have an idea about where to start looking?
    Could it be related to the IO mapping? AT declarations?
    Can it be affected by the installed versions of devices or buses? Or libraries?
    Please share ideas and experiences!

Regards

• TimvH

TimvH - 2014-02-06

Most likely your PLC doesn't support this functionality.
    Please ask your PLC vendor.

The development tool gets this information from the runtime when it tries to download it to the device, but the device doesn't have these external libraries linked to the runtime.

• T Mattsson - 2014-02-06

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted my PLC vendor, I´m just impatient, and they didn´t seem to recognize the problem.

I have found these functions in the library that handles the CANopen stack now.
    Could it be any of the devices on the bus that doesn´t have the library or only the target for my project to which I download the project?
    If one or more of the devices on the bus doesn´t have these external libraries, is it possible that I could add them?

• TimvH

TimvH - 2014-02-06

You cannot add them. The PLC vendor should do this. It is part of their runtime implementation.
    If they are different devices running CODESYS, then yes, it could be possible that one supports it and the other not.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do about it (as far as I know).
    The only thing you can do is choose another version of the device you are using (Could be e.g. CAN Master).
    Maybe this version uses libraries which don't use the missing libraries.

Right click on the devices in your PLC application and choose "update device".
    Then choose to show all versions. Maybe one of the earlier versions works better.