Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

EtherCAT disconnect automatically when running 2~3 hours

listenyang
2013-08-14
2018-08-15
  • listenyang - 2013-08-14

hi, all

System HW:
    1.IPC+win7 Ultramate
    2.CODESYS V3.5 SP3
    3.EtherCAT Master + 1 ABB Servo Driver
    4.Modbus TCP Master + 1 AC500(ABB Product)

Problem:
    EtherCAT device might disconnect after running 2~3 hours, the red triangle appear on the left side of the EtherCAT device.
    Any of experience shared from you would be appreciated.

br/listenyang

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2013-08-15

Hi,

please check the plc log for more Information

cu

• listenyang - 2013-08-16

Edwin Schwellinger hat geschrieben:
    Hi,
    please check the plc log for more Information
    cu

Hi, Edwin

attached is the picture, i counldn't got any information in that, can you help to check a little bit???

<loggerentries xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <logger name="&lt;Default logger&gt;">
    <entry severity="error" component="IoDrvEtherCAT" user="nobody" timestamp="8/8/2013 11:56:20">Warning: number of slaves has changed or is different to the configuration!</entry>
    <entry severity="error" component="IoDrvEtherCAT" user="nobody" timestamp="8/8/2013 11:56:20">Error: communication lost ! check the cables !</entry>
    <entry severity="error" component="IoDrvEtherCAT" user="nobody" timestamp="8/8/2013 11:56:20">Warning: number of slaves has changed or is different to the configuration!</entry>
    <entry severity="error" component="IoDrvEtherCAT" user="nobody" timestamp="8/8/2013 11:56:20">Error: communication lost ! check the cables !</entry>
    ... ...
    ... ...</logger></loggerentries>

thanks a lot...

br/listenyang

IMG: EtherCAT Error1.jpg

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2013-08-16

hi,
    either there is really a disconnect Problem by Hardware (wiring) or somehow, the Driver does not manage to send and receice ethercat frames, which CODESYS Ethernet Driver are you using eepro 1000 or realtek?
    cu

hi,
    either there is really a disconnect Problem by Hardware (wiring) or somehow, the Driver does not manage to send and receice ethercat frames, which CODESYS Ethernet Driver are you using eepro 1000 or realtek?
    cu

hi, Edwin

I dodn't remember exactly what CODESYS Ethernet Driver using.
    but the original Adapter is: Intel(R) Gigabit Network
    Ethernet Driver name is:net541ex.inf
    after update Driver, it showing:CoDeSys EtherExpress GBit PCI Ethernet Adapter

br/listenyang

hi,
    cu

hi, Edwin

one more thing, every time when this problem happen, it need update the Driver the Adapter again, and the MAC address has changed in EtherCAT Master, and need to press brower button and select the correct Adapter again.

br/listenyang

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2013-08-16

this seems to be the problem,
    what exactly you mean with 'it need update the Driver the Adapter again' you mean you have to reinstall the Windows driver?
    - I thought this is a Control RTE System (with SoftMotion)?
    Never seen that....
    cu

• listenyang - 2013-08-17

this seems to be the problem,
    what exactly you mean with 'it need update the Driver the Adapter again' you mean you have to reinstall the Windows driver?
    - I thought this is a Control RTE System (with SoftMotion)?
    Never seen that....
    cu

hi, Edwin

'it need update the Driver the Adapter again' means:
    go property of network adapter, and update Driver, select has disk, browse the file:net541ex.inf, and need to browse the adapter for EtherCAT Master.
    i hadn't seen this, only the onsite people tolk me about that.

• I thought this is a Control RTE System (with SoftMotion)?
      I have no idea about this, but the device is: CoDeSys Control from ABB Engineering

br/listenyang

• yusuf - 2018-06-30

"EtherCAT disconnect automatically when running 2~3 hours" even couple of miutes

Dear Admin
    I faced similar problem with 2 different raspberry pi_3 and beckhoff EK1100 (ethercat communication)
    While I power on system starts to run for a while then I get this problem
    If I force to PLC as a Online->Reset_cold then Dubug->start
    Problems solving (this symptom shows me it is not a cabling problem)
    Do you have any idea?
    Image taht shows you error sequence
    Image that shows you ethercat status

IMG: rasp_error.JPG

• yusuf - 2018-07-17

Any one have similar problem?

• nozomiw - 2018-08-15

I have the same problem

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-08-15

Hi,
    which plc are you using?

Are there other fielbus involved ( for example modbus connections)?
    BR
    Edwn

• yusuf - 2018-08-15

Dear Edwin

Mine system equipped with Raspberry pi (licansed)
    Even if you see attachment in mine previous post you will undrestand it
    Δ°n mine case PLC Application is running
    Problem is: Ethercat communication terminating rundomly and can able to restart with commands Please see prewious post
    I accept from this sympton (Ethercat bus cupler is ok)

How we can figure out what is the problem ?
    Do you know any command via Putty that we can check status of ethercat communications
    Do you have any suggestion? (Please dont tell me cable ext... already changed )

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2018-08-15

Hi,
    do you have applied a rt_preemt patch on your Rasbian?
    Seems that distributed clocks is enabled on any slave in your network. ( If you need this - rt_preempt is needed probably)

If not a workaround might be ( depends on your application needs) to enable restart slave in the ethercat master (brings the slaves up back operational)

Anyway you need to check the jitter in the taskmonitor on the ethercatmaster Task and the plc logger if it occure.
    In your case it Shows a changed Network amount slave..?!

BR
    Edwin

IMG: RestartSlave.png