Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Add object

venichka
2013-02-06
2013-04-04
  • venichka - 2013-02-06

Hi, everybody!
    I tried to put alarm configuration and target visualization in my project.
    According to the help I should click ADD Object- Alarm configuration, but there is no such options.( the same is with target vizu) Could you help me with my problem? Maybe I should activate these objects somehow?

thanks in advance.
    Tina

• TimvH

TimvH - 2013-02-06

Hi, it could be caused by several things:
    1) You don't have a recent version of CODESYS. It is definately supported by V3.5 SP2.
    2) It is a standard object, but if it would have been an advanced feature you should have to enable it through the menu tools=>options=>features
    3) To add it to the project, you should right click on the "application" in your project tree and choose "Add Object" => Alarm Configuration (Same place as where you add your POU's. Here you can also add your visualisation manager.

• TimvH

TimvH - 2013-02-06

PS, you are probably looking in the "POU view", but you should do this in the "Devices View"

• tthomas - 2013-04-01

Hello,

I am also having this problem, but I'm afraid the answer isn't so simple. We are using a linux target (cross control XM device) with version 3.4. The object for the alarmmanager is never an option for this device. I set up some dummy programs of other types, and the option became available. Is it possible its simply not implemented? Is it possible to use this object on this device?

Tim

• tthomas - 2013-04-04

Update:

I edited my device profile to allow the Alarm Table, but on compiling was warned with the error: 3.4 alarm tables are preview only. So i can only assume that my target device is 3.4, and therefore does not fully implement the alarm table system.

Can this be confirmed?

• TimvH

TimvH - 2013-04-04

There are two things:
    1) It depends on the CODESYS version which you use to have the ability to select certain features.
    2) It depends on the device runtime version to be able to use these features.

If you double click on your device you can see the version of your device (tab status).
    This is off course only information about the device description file.
    If you want to see which version is really running on your device, then go to the tab communication, scan the network, select your device and look in the view on the right side which version is running on your device.