Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

influence the direction into CNC motion

conoscenza
2012-10-31
2012-11-01
  • conoscenza - 2012-10-31

Hi guys!
    I'm doing a project where 5 module axes, 0-360, and they are moved with CNC motion.
    I use:
    smc_smoothpath -> smc_extendedcheckvelocity -> smc_checkvelocities -> smc_interpolator and then smc_controlaxisbypos.

But I have a little question: can I set the direction of the axes in positive value?
    If I set the movement from 350 to 5, it does a backwards movement, instead I would a forward movement.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2012-11-01

Hi,
    The user can specify a period for the axes A, B, C, P, Q, U, V and W by setting the word PA, PB, PC and so on. By default these are 0, which means: finite and not modulo.
    e.g. N0 PA360 (this means that A has a period of 360 degree).
    Then, the decoder will modify ist behaviour in the way, that the additional axes always travel tot he nearest point. E.g:
    N0 PA360
    N0 G92 A270 (set the position of A axis to 270)
    N0 G1 A0
    This will move the axis in positive direction.

The position output of the ipo is not in the interval [0..Periodlimit], but can be outside of it. However, the FBs like SMC_ControlAxisByPos will take care of making the modulo.

cu
    Edwin

• conoscenza - 2012-11-01

Thank you so much Edwin for your answer!

Anyway I don't use decoder but the other way "OutQueue".

Is it possbile to modify the direction from "shortest" to "positive" directly?

Thank you in advance.