Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Upload All required to connect to eTOP407

Raggot
2012-05-07
2012-07-17
  • Raggot - 2012-05-07

Good afternoon,

I encountered a strange problem programming the PLC built-in a eTOP407 HMI.
    In order to connect properly my laptop running CoDeSys with the hardware (i.e., run it and observe its behaviour on-line) I always need to upload the whole program every time (download all).

I would like to know a possible reason for which the "load changes only" may be not working properly. Can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance.

• TimvH

TimvH - 2012-05-07

The eTOP407 is programmed with V2.3.
    You should go to the Target Settings (tab "general"). Here is a checkbox with an option for "Online Change".
    Most likely this is unchecked.

• Raggot - 2012-07-17

The problem is a bit deeper. The option you refer to is already ticked. I do have the button "Load only changes" available and I am actually able to use it. However, the loaded PLC program keeps rebooting over and over without starting.
    I know it's not a PLC problem because with other laptops everything works fine.

I am now working with a new laptop and the latest version of CoDeSys 2.3 (nr. 35) and I have never encountered that problem anymore. In case anyone knows the solution, it could be useful to other users to post it.

Thank you for your reply in any case.