Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Lost gateway problem, someone could help?

myever
2012-02-23
2018-07-16
  • myever - 2012-02-23

hi,everybody!

My Codesys verion is V3.4 sp4,when I login, it shows:

1β€œNo connection to the device, please rescan your network.”
    2β€œObject reference not set to an instance of an object.”

I rescan my network,and found the gateway logo becom gray from colorful,since then I can never login my project except reinstall the software.

Unfortunately,whenever I build new project and login many times later,this problem happen again.

Is there anyone met the ploblem before?Plese help!

thanks!

regrads

Philip

IMG: lostGateway.JPG

• TimvH

TimvH - 2012-02-23

It seems your gateway is OK, but the PLC cannot be found.
    Which PLC do you use? If it is the SoftPLC (WIN/RTE) then I just think it has stopped and you have to restart it again.
    In the System Tray (next to the Windows Clock in your task bar) you can find the icons on which you can click to restart it again.

• myever - 2012-02-23

Thanks to TimvH.

I use the softPLC (Control Win V3), PLC and gateway are still running,

the gateway logo will resume colorful after stop and start the Gateway and softPLC,

but when I login,the problem happen again.

IMG: lostGateway2.JPG

• alex87 - 2012-03-08

The same problem at my PLC,

I'm using Vendor specific RTE, so when I login eg. 10-15 times, the connection breaks and gateway losts (No cennection to the device. Please restart the gateway). I have to restart whole PC (windows XP embedded). I think this is global problem of 3S Gateway.

regards,

Alex

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2012-03-13

Hi,
    suggest to send a projectarchive to 3S Support
    we should reproduce this, then we could help on this issue.
    cu
    Edwin

• myever - 2012-08-23

I think it maybe the bugs of Ver3.4.4 ,after I used Ver3.5.0, the program never happen again.

• Anonymous - 2017-01-24

Originally created by: barkamharikrishna

Hello,
    if your visualization has some error ( some Version Software will not Pop up Errors in visu) .

example u Change something in visu or even you just move visu element . you Need to do clean all and re build then download .

i think this will help you.

for below two Problems
    1β€œNo connection to the device, please rescan your network.”
    2β€œObject reference not set to an instance of an object.”

solution : save ur Project .. Close completely even codesys and start the codesys again and open Project then clean all , rebuild . and download
    if u find Gateway Problem still .
    go to Gateway Manager and add new Gateway same as last Gateway and delete old one and scan ....
    Regards
    Harikrishna

• TURCKONE - 2018-06-27

hello all i am also facing same issue in Codesys V3.5 SP8 Patch 1 (:| )

some projects done by me in this codesys version are automatically turning in to this bug state .

"object reference not set to an instance of an object " this window pops up all the time , this window does not allow us to do anything ,

dear all experts will you please suggest me is there any solution available , because i am on verge of losing my projects .

• alwoso - 2018-06-28

Hi TURCKONE!

Did you use an old project with a different version of the plc?

I know this error messages and fault behaviour, when I have a different version of runtime on the controller than I have selected in the project. "Update device" often does not work correctly, so I suggest to set up a new project from the beginning and select all the hardware components completely new. (I know, this may be a pain in the a...)
    You can copy the code from the old project, and then try build and download....

If this doesn't help, it might be a problem of using libraries in the project, that are not compatible with the runtime version or device description file of your controller.

Last but not least, the concept of vizualisation profiles is tricky.... maybe you can solve the problem by changing the visu profile in the project settings.

Reading my words, I would say - start at the end, because that's the easiest work....

Best regards

Alfred

• TURCKONE - 2018-07-10

hello Alwaso

i am using our turck programmable devices , those works on codesys version 3.5 sp8 patch 1.

answering to your question : i am not working on any old project the project is totally new , perhaps shifted its loction many times do you think that may cause problem?

how to change visualization profile ? .

• alwoso - 2018-07-13

Hi Turckone,

maybe you already found the solution... hopefully!

To answer your last question: In the menu project / project settings you will find a tab visualistion profiles. There you can change the profile. But when you have a closed system with your own programming and runtime, this shouldn't be a problem.

When using libraries, you sometimes have a situation of rivalling sublibraries, i.e. in one library there is a reference to eg. "standard.lib" version 3.5.5, in your program you use same lib, but version 3.5.8 (only example). Then you might get the same error messages.....

Good luck!

Alfred

• TURCKONE - 2018-07-16

thank you so much so much alwaso

your reply is really helpfull.