Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

External C library

2012-02-06
2018-11-08
  • DaveLuscher - 2012-02-06

I am looking to use a C dll. I found a document that discribes hows to make an external C Library but it is for version 2.
    Can I do the same in V3? And if so any documentation? I have V3.5 compiling for a Windows CE target.

Hoping for any help

Dave Warren

Luscher UK

• kberlin - 2012-02-21

Hello Dave (feels a bit strange writing that after having watched the movie 2001 recently ),

From the document CoDeSys Control V3 Manual (Version 14.0):

"In CoDeSys 3.x we no longer distinguish between internal and external libraries. Each library can contain functions and blocks that are either implemented internally (in IEC) or externally (in ANSI-C or C++). External implementation is based on a component of the runtime system, internal implementation is based directly on the CoDeSys library."

This document is available in the customer area http://3s-software.com/index.shtml?en_Down2.

Best regards,
    Kristian Berlin

• TimvH

TimvH - 2012-02-21

Yes, but this is only for OEM's. You need to have the Toolkit.

• Mouse - 2012-02-27

TimvH hat geschrieben:
    Yes, but this is only for OEM's. You need to have the Toolkit.

Actually, he needs only a few files from that toolkit. Interesting, are they available for end-users? they could be very useful.

• Anonymous - 2018-11-08

Originally created by: n1849778

Where can I download the toolkit files from?