Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Running CoDeSys V3 on Linux with Wine

risto
2011-11-29
2017-05-10
  • risto - 2011-11-29

Hi,

I have been using CoDeSys V3.4 SP4 on Ubuntu through Windows XP virtual machnine. I works ok, but it's not very convenient to use. Since all our CoDeSys V3 industrial PCs are currently using Linux (most of them Ubuntu), it would be wonderful to develop with CoDeSys on Linux.

The question is, has anybody got CoDeSys V3 up and running with Wine and how? Installer doesn't finish on my Ubuntu 11.10 & Wine 1.3 combo.

I understand that since CoDeSys V3 is developed with .NET, we are not going to see native Linux version any time soon. However, there are some Windows software running on Linux that are ported with using Wine libraries. For example Google did that with their Google Earth and Picasa Linux-versions.

-Risto

• AndreyS - 2017-05-09

I'd be interested in this topic as well.

I tried to install CDS V3.5 SP5 under Debian Stretch with wine 1.8.7. Unfortunatelly installer stops on copying files. Has anyone successed in using CDS V3.5 under wine?

• josepmariarams - 2017-05-10

I am interested too

• AndreyS - 2017-05-10

AndreyS hat geschrieben:
    I'd be interested in this topic as well.
    I tried to install CDS V3.5 SP5 under Debian Stretch with wine 1.8.7. Unfortunatelly installer stops on copying files. Has anyone successed in using CDS V3.5 under wine?

I tried wine 2.7 and wine 2.0. No success. Same behaviour.