Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Call .net from CoDeSys on windows CE

DaveW
2010-11-03
2010-11-08
  • DaveW - 2010-11-03

Hello I am programming for a Windows CE 5 platform. I would like to be able to call external functions which are .net . Is there a way to call external functions?

Thanks

DaveW

• laythea - 2010-11-04

Hi Dave,

I have not came across anything (free) which will directly do what you want. I use windows XP embedded so not sure how applicable this is to your example of Windows CE.

I had a similar need and the way around it was to create a .NET application to do whatever .NET functionality you require and communicate with it via the CodeSys windows shared memory interface. The .Net app can also communicates back to CodeSys in a similar way. Its a bit long winded but seems to work fine.

Use the windows shared memory interface in Codesys (SysShm), and its also fairly easy to access windows shared memory from the .net application.

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Laythe

• DaveW - 2010-11-08

Hi Laythea,

Thanks for the response. It is disappointing I can't call even a DLL

Not sure if shared memory is the right idea. Perhaps I will look to make a TCP socket and talk that way.

regards

Dave