Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Multiple versions of Codesys V3 at the same PC ?

petrnowak
2010-09-23
2010-09-23
  • petrnowak - 2010-09-23

Is it possible to install multiple versions of Codesys V3 ?
    Of the same OEM vendor (e.g. Codesys 2.3.1 / 2.3.2) ? Or of different vendors (Codesys Schneider - SoMachine and Codesys BoschRexroth - IndraLogic) ?

This is not only a problem of IDE !!! Many other problems can occur (gateway software, Windows register, etc...). I have got a bad experience last week with Codesys 2.3 from ABB and from Beckhoff. Although Codesys'es itself dont interfere, the gateway was damaged.

I think the penetration of Codesys across many HW manufacturers is a big PLUS. I can use different HW and use only "one" development system. No need to study new IDE. I can export/import projects (of course with some limitations regarding libraries and so...).

• TimvH

TimvH - 2010-09-23

Yes, with V3 this is possible.
    Actually it was one of the reasons V3 was developed.
    V3 is component based and of every component multiple versions can be installed on the same PC. Depending of which CoDeSys version you start a certain profile will load the correct versions of all components.
    This is not only true for the IDE, but also multiple versions of (the same) library and of devices can be installed. This is managed in the repositories.
    Various vendors might create their own installer to which they add their own components (plug-ins). This should not interfere with existing installations.