Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Target Installation in Codesys 3.3

2009-11-25
2010-11-08
  • RajeshGandhi - 2009-11-25

Hello,

How to install Target device file in codesys 3.3? I target file is available with me.

• Anonymous - 2009-12-08

Originally created by: Mikhail Shvetsov

At first you have to be sure that you have format of your target-file like this plc.devdesc.xml

Start up your CoDeSys V3 and go to the Tools->Device Repository->Install and choose your file. Your device will appear in PLCs branch of Device Repository.

After that you can add your deviΓ±e in project.

• KLR Aut - 2010-10-28

How can I define new target? I have some old open frame PLC on 8051 platform programmed with C, but I'm not familiar with C. How can I change compiler?

• TimvH

TimvH - 2010-10-28

The CoDeSys Suite consists of the IDE (development environment) and Runtime system.
    This Runtime system needs to be implemented on your device.
    This is done in cooperation with 3S-Smart Software Solutions.
    I think you should contact them directly to get a price for your hardware (CPU + OS) and the amount of runtime licenses you need.
    If it is only for one application I think you should look for devices which already have this Runtime implemented.

• KLR Aut - 2010-10-29

We have only one machine with this PLC, so buying some licenses is too expensive (I think). Have you any idea of price for basic functionality (w/o HMI and buses)?
    We must change some functions and add 2 operations.
    Because don't have original documentation, we download program from MCU and decompile, but this version is without comments. Very difficult for us to find parts/modules in program what we need. I make many PLC applications before, and for me is easier to write new program, then I analyze old C/ASM code.

• TimvH

TimvH - 2010-10-29

I think it is better to buy a new PLC and replace the current controller.

• KLR Aut - 2010-11-08

Thanks!!!