Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How to make Codesys start at "running" state after power up ?

2020-02-22
2020-02-22
  • andre-teprom - 2020-02-22

I would like to apologise since this is a recurrent question and althought there are some threads covering issues like that, none give the solution to my problem.

I've recently purchased the license of the "CODESYS CONTROL WIN V3" and the last release is running either at the Desktop x64 computer where Controller application runtime were deployed (and I/O devices are conected at), as well as the same release of Codesys is on the Laptop x64 where the IDE runs (there, I compile the code).

Everything works fine, I/O cards interacts with real world, I can download the code from the Laptop to the Desktop and I can application don't stop anymore after 2 hours as happened before got the license activated.

However, everytime I reboot the Desktop computer (at controller's side), the CODESYS CONTROL WIN SYSTRAY - X64 starts as "stopped", not "running". By doind manually it works.

Is there any tips to make it running with no manual interaction?

Thanks in advance,
    Andre.

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2020-02-22

Hi Andre,
    https://help.codesys.com/webapp/_cds_wi ... n=3.5.15.0
    you need to set the service to autostart,
    then it will start the plc on bootup.

BR
    Edwin

snippet from the online help:
    Automatic start:

If CODESYS Control Win V3 should start automatically at system start, then you have to configure the service as follows: Open the Windows system dialog Services from the Start menu. Select the service CODESYS Control Win V3 from the list and open the Properties dialog from the context menu. In the General tab, set the Start type to Automatic.

IMG: AutostartControlWin.png

• andre-teprom - 2020-02-22

Hi Edwin,

Thank you very much! I just realize why I was not able to do that before: Once I was not searching from my account subscribed to this forum, but rather as a , in the meantime attachments were not visible, but now everything is pretty clear.

If you don't mind, I will put it here in words just to help other with the same issue:

Zitat:

Have a nice weeked,
    Andre.