Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Enable and Disable Project IO programmatically

BOTTECH
2019-11-15
2019-11-18
  • BOTTECH - 2019-11-15

Hi All,

I'm looking to try and exclude and include IO from a project build programmatically so that the user can enable and disable as required through a HMI screen i.e disable IO ethercat headers when the user is not interested in that part of the system etc. This way the project can be loaded with all of the systems IO and then disabled and enabled as required if that part of the system is connected or disconnected. This is only for testing purposes. I know that this can be done in Allen Bradley by the use of a system variable and I am wondering is it also possible to do through codesys? Any help is greatly appreciated.

N

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2019-11-16

Hi,
    you could do this that way... recondigure.
    Keep in mind that you need to disable and enable the slaves too.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: enableDeviceDiag.png

IMG: Reconfigure.png

• BOTTECH - 2019-11-18

Hi Edwin,

Thanks you for your input, that will definatley come in handy for what I'm trying to do but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for but I may be doing something wrong or it may not even be possible.
    I'm looking to try and upload a project with say 5 Ethercat headers, but two may only be connected at the time and I would like the program to be able to adapt to what the user has connected by the user selecting what is connected without generating build errors. Basically the equivalent of a programmable "exclude form build".
    Or if that was not possible if there was any way to programmable load or delete a device.

N