CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:35 pm 

Hi All,

I have a screen from ifm Electronic that is a target for visualisation, but is not touchscreen. It has buttons and a click wheel which can be utilised easily for page navigation etc.

What I would like to do is map the click wheel variables (16 pulses per revolution + push) to a keypad or numpad so that the user can easily scroll over keys and numbers to enter values and strings etc without the need for a touch display. Until now my customers have been making their own numpads/keyboards which is very tedious! Is there an easy way to link variables to visu input elements in this way?

When using visu on PC, keyboard shortcuts are available by default to navigate and control visu input objects for entering text or numbers. Using the TAB key whilst the numpad is open scrolls past each button so that the user doesn't have to use a mouse for input. I want to be able to replicate this type of control with my screen's click wheel/buttons.

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Best regards,

John

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:48 pm 

john_hedges_ifm wrote:
Hi All,

I have a screen from ifm Electronic that is a target for visualisation, but is not touchscreen. It has buttons and a click wheel which can be utilised easily for page navigation etc.

What I would like to do is map the click wheel variables (16 pulses per revolution + push) to a keypad or numpad so that the user can easily scroll over keys and numbers to enter values and strings etc without the need for a touch display. Until now my customers have been making their own numpads/keyboards which is very tedious! Is there an easy way to link variables to visu input elements in this way?

When using visu on PC, keyboard shortcuts are available by default to navigate and control visu input objects for entering text or numbers. Using the TAB key whilst the numpad is open scrolls past each button so that the user doesn't have to use a mouse for input. I want to be able to replicate this type of control with my screen's click wheel/buttons.

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Best regards,

John

I also need help with this, any help is highly appreciated

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Lowe