CODESYS - the IEC 61131-3 automation software

Welcome to the official CODESYS Forum by 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH | A member of the CODESYS Group
Deutsche Version English version russian version 
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm 

Hello,

I'm following the instructions in the attached document for creating an external C library, but I'm having issues. I've created a library with only one function - testFunc, which takes one INT and returns an INT.

Saving as an external library generates a header (.h) file and a source (.c) file. After fixing the INT -> int16_t issues, I compile with MSVC / Visual Studio, which generates a .obj file. I place that file and the .lib in the same directory, and import the .lib into my Codesys project. I can then call the library function by calling testFunc(), either via ST or CFC. That all works, and it compiles and uploads to the controller. But the values I get back are just garbage. For example, I wrote my function to be:
Code:
FUNCTION testFunc : INT
VAR_INPUT
   inVal: INT;
END_VAR
VAR
END_VAR

Code:
int16_t testFunc(int16_t inVal){
   return inVal * 2;
}

I send the value 10, and get back the value -24569. Sending different values doesn't change the return value, but calling it in a different place seems to.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

EDIT: I just realized that even if the .obj isn't in the folder, I get the same value.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.