Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys 2.3 font size with WIN10

jan233321
2017-12-06
2022-04-10
  • jan233321 - 2017-12-06

Dear All,
    I got a new computer with Windows 10 and it seems, Codesys 2.3 take a POU, Library etc. font size from somewhere - and it looks like this (please see the picture).
    Do anybody know how to change it? The default font is really small and not easily readable. Font in the editor is not a problem - this can be easily changed.

I cannot find any settings in Options menu or CoDeSys.ini file.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Regards

Jan.

IMG: 2017

• andrzey13 - 2019-07-24

I have the same problem,

Do you have an answer for this?

• andrzey13 - 2019-07-25

I have solution for this font.

1) The name of font is: Gabiola
    2) It is not able to remove from Windows 10 fonts.
    3) Remove it from register.
    a) Enter the register: REGEDIT
    b) Path to fonts: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts
    c) Find font Gabiola and remove
    d) Turn off and on windows
    4) There should be normal font in CoDeSys

• meerbarbe - 2020-03-09

I don't really think that that font is Gabriola. It even doesn't look alike.

Edit: Wait, my fault. Yes, it could be that font. I thought you referred to the code font.

Last edit: meerbarbe 2020-03-09
  • gradek - 2021-11-04

I have the same problem. I removed Gabriola font from the registry and now it is even worse (see attachment)

• gregor - 2022-04-10

Hi,

After another few days of struggle with the same problem I still wasn't successful with finding solution... But! I found that following fonts were being used by CoDeSys when Gabriola was uninstalled (deleted in RegEdit). Also, when Gabriola was reinstalled, but CoDeSys had already started using next font from list it didn't switch back to Gabriola. I had to delete the rest of them for CoDeSys to go back to first one.

Gabriola - Gabriola
    Swis721 BdCnOul BT - Swiss 721 Bold Condensed Outline BT
    Swis721 BdOul BT - Swiss 721 Bold Outline BT
    Swis721 BlkOul BT - Swiss 721 Black Outline BT
    Vineta BT - Vineta BT

Also I'm not entirely sure which font from Swis721 family was being used, but for sure it was one of "Outline" versions - hence all of them on the list above.

I tried messing with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes registry key, to substitute for example Verdana for Gabriola, but unfortunately CoDeSys ignores values entered there.

After deleting all of the fonts from the list CoDeSys is once more readable (see attachment).

Last edit: gregor 2022-04-10