Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Codesys general questions

Ehsan
2016-03-08
2016-03-10
  • Ehsan - 2016-03-08

Hello guys,
    I'm completely new to Codesys and I'm working with Codesys 2.3 on ABB AC500. I have few question about Codesys and I would appreciate if you could help.

1- Is it possible that some functions or some libraries of codesys doesn't work in my controller? For example SysStrCmpl wouldn't work in my case.
    2- Is it possible to define a Matrix in codesys 2.3?
    3- Is Codesys 2.3 a good choice for Recipe management?

Thank you for youe help.
    Regards,
    Ehsan

• shooter - 2016-03-09
    1. should be possible towork.
    2. yes it is called array
      3.why not?

see oscat.de for a nice bundle of softwre, apart from all the libs avaialble at a lot of websites.

• Ehsan - 2016-03-09

Thank you,
    I didn't check that you can define two dimensional array as well, my bad.

Regards,

• shooter - 2016-03-09

well yes you can make more dimensions even 4 if you like, and going on you can make a structure in datatypes
    normally i use max 2 dimensions in one array and this as a structure to define more array.
    when using strings please define length as this is valuable memory.
    when they are constant please use it as they are in other type of memory.

• Ehsan - 2016-03-09

The problem I have with recipe Management is that, I can only save one watch list. Is there any way that I can check which watch list I want to save?
    Thanks

• shooter - 2016-03-09

as this watch list is still not reliable i dont use it, i use just a simple visualisation for this.

• Ehsan - 2016-03-10

Then what is the best way to load and save recipes? Assume that you have 2 different recipes for a mixture and each of them has 8 chemicals which needs to be mixed according to the recipes . How do you suggest I need to tackle that?

Regards,

• shooter - 2016-03-10

make an array with the data you need, like valvenumbers to open and times to stay open.
    use it in a state diagram.

• Ehsan - 2016-03-10

Thank you.
    Yes, I do that right now. However, it's not the best way to go, if you have huge number of recipes and want to keep track of your changes.

Thank you anyway.