Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Urgent Help Needed

mussab
2007-05-10
2007-06-05
  • mussab - 2007-05-10

Hi everyone,

i have problem to configure the hardware with CoDeSys 3.0 SP. In the Hardware side i want to use FC3102 PCI card from Beckhoff as master and CDD3000 from Lust Antriebstechnik GmbH as slave. First problem is that i cannot get gsd file for FC310x PCI card to make it master so i tried for other gsd file available on internet since the parameter are same for mater then i tried to read gsd file for CD3000 which is available from company website but when i load it using Add Object function its gives error message "REFERENCE OBJECT IS NOT SET TO INSTANT OF OBJECT" And i am unable to configer the hardware to new CoDeSys 3.0 SP

I will be greatfull if someone help me out if possible with some tutorial as i am new for using CoDeSys:

Thanks

MUSSAB

• Anonymous - 2007-05-14

Originally created by: Bernhard Reiterer

Dear Mussad

As far as i know, no driver is currently available for the FC3102 that is usable with CoDeSys 3.x. If there is, you should get a separate device description file (.devdesc.xml) along with the gsd file, which you should use instead of the gsd file directly.

I had a look at the CDD3000 GSD file. IMHO it uses a construct not completely compliant to the GSD specification and which causes pain to CoDeSys:

ExtUserPrmData      = 1 "..."
    Prm_Text_Ref        = 1
    Bit (7)               0 0-1
    EndExtUserPrmData

From my understanding of the specification, the line```

Bit (7)...

``` should be the first line after
    So, if you move the line in before the [Prm_Text_Ref] line it works fine in CoDeSys (there is also a second ExtUserPrmData section which must be changed accordingly):

ExtUserPrmData      = 1 "..."
    Bit (7)               0 0-1
    Prm_Text_Ref        = 1
    EndExtUserPrmData

Don't forget to reimport the gsd file after your changes.

Hope that helps,

Bernhard

• mussab - 2007-05-18

Dear Bernhard

Thank you for your reply but i have still some problems in communication. As you said CoDeSys 3 does not have driver for FC3102. So now i try CoDeSys SP RTE 2.3 .This version has a driver for FC3102 and PLC Configration tag i am able to add FC310x as master and LUST CDD3000 as slave . I also modified GSD file as you suggest . Now it does not have previous error. But when i try to login "Communication Error; Logout Performed" error come. I read help to get out from this error but fail to produce result. Can you help me you again? I also want to ask you what will be the parameter for Communication Parameter tab since PCI card is connected to the Local PC. Does i need to use Gateway server?

Thanks in advance

mussab

• Anonymous - 2007-06-05

Originally created by: Frank Hailer

Hi Mussab

I hope you performed the following steps before you tried to download the program:

• configuration of the FC310x driver and the RTE (description in the document 'CoDeSys SP RTE_E.pdf' which is part of the RTE installation)

• starting RTE (inclusive 'Start System')

• setting valid communication settings in CoDeSys (Online -> Communication parameters...), exemplary > Gateway - Local < and > Device - Shared memory (Kernel) <

After that the download should work.

Best regards, Frank