Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

How not to send both ‘Sync Messages’ and ‘SDO Messages’

poweredby
2015-06-01
2023-08-17
  • poweredby - 2015-06-01

Hi,
    I have a problem that CR1081(codesys) which connects up with the device(Motor driver) is sending ‘Sync Messages’ and ‘SDO Messages’ like below(chart) even though the manual of the device says the device doesn’t have to receive ‘Sync Messages’ and ‘SDO Messages’ for normal operation.

• '060B' of SDO means sending, '058B' of SDO means receiving.

So,
    1st. I want to know how CR1081(in codesys) doesn’t send both ‘Sync Messages’ and ‘SDO Messages’ to the device. How to do?

2st. Like picture(chart), ‘PDO messages’ were normally being sent first. Suddenly, ‘SDO Messages’ were sent, then ‘PDO messages’ weren’t sent any more. So, if the device doesn’t receive ‘SDO Messages’ for 150ms, the error would happen and the device wouldn’t work. So, when the error happened, the device had to be rebooted then, MNT which means a start signal was sent.(*See the under and middle part of the chart). My point is how not to send both ‘Sync Messages’ and ‘SDO Messages’ to the device like 1st question?!

*Those are attached pictures(‘PLC Config(CANOpen Master_1)’ ,and ‘PLC Config(CANOpen Master_1_Slave)’)

Company: IFM
    Model: CR1081
    Device: Motor Driver
    Version: v2.3

IMG: Can Trace_페이지_1.jpg

IMG: Can Trace_페이지_2.jpg

IMG: Can Trace_페이지_3.jpg

IMG: PLC Config(CANOpen Master_1).JPG

IMG: PLC Config(CANOpen Master_1_Slave).JPG

• shooter - 2015-06-01

you have declared it as a CANmaster is that oke? as i can not see more.

• poweredby - 2015-06-02

Thank you for your reply.
    Actually, data I have are huge in my codesys program, so I don’t exactly know what part I have to upload to fix the problem.
    Let me know what part you could figure out conveniently what problem or solve the problem.
    After you let me know it, I’ll try to upload the part again.
    First, I just uploaded pictures which showed that I was using some functions(about CAN communication) of the library.
    (*ref. below pictures)
    Is it possible to know what problem or good ways with those pictures?

<3S_CanDrv>

<3S_CANopenManager>

<3S_CANOPENNETVAR>

<ifm_canopen_nt_v010001></ifm_canopen_nt_v010001>

<ifm_netvarlib_nt_v010001></ifm_netvarlib_nt_v010001>

<ifm_rawcan_nt_v010001></ifm_rawcan_nt_v010001>

IMG: 3S_CanDrv.JPG

IMG: 3S_CANopenManager.JPG

IMG: 3S_CANOPENNETVAR.JPG

IMG: ifm_CANopen_NT_V010001.JPG

IMG: ifm_NetVarLib_NT_V010001.JPG

IMG: ifm_RAWCan_NT_V010001.JPG

• shooter - 2015-06-02

no not really helpful as it are lists of libraries, and not the program you are using actually,
    i would contact ifm for this as it is specific for them.
    and yes you may send an export file to me, so i can have a look.

• poweredby - 2015-06-03

hey, Mr. paul deelen
    I sent you an email with my export file.
    Please, check your email.
    I hope you would know what problem and give me good ways.
    Your prompt reply would be much appreciated.

Junghee Yoon(Poweredby) in Korea
    e jhyoon@agvsk.com e

• poweredby - 2015-06-04

I thought some ideas to fix the problem one more time.

The first idea)
    If I know What situation CR1081(IFM) sends the SDO messages in , I would set a suitable condition in CR1081(IFM) not sending ‘SDO Messages’.
    Please, let me know the reason of sending the SDO messages or what situation CR1081(IFM) sends the SDO messages.

The second idea)
    I think there might be some rules of Canopen communication, So CR1081 may send SDO messages to set suitable values again.
    Actually, the CAN parameters in my program are below:

I should follow the setting values in my program. Do I have any problems for rules of Can communication?

The third idea)
    Like those pictures, I didn’t use the read/ write function of SDO.(ref below) However, let see that chart, and the SDO messages were sent even though I didn’t use those functions.

Well, I have a question. What function makes the SDO messages sent? If I know that function, I would set not to send SDO message with the function. Let me know what function is controlling or using the SDO messages.(Refer upper pictures which show I'm using what functions, So you can guess what function is contorlling the SDO messages. )
    Can I have a sample source about the function if it’s possible?

Please, give me an answer in 3 ideas if you know.

IMG: PLC Config(CANOpen Master_1).JPG

IMG: PLC Config(CANOpen Master_1_Slave).JPG

IMG: ifm_CANopen_NT_V010001.JPG

IMG: chart.jpg