Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Visualization Error / Warning no longer processed

spfeif
2015-04-14
2015-04-18
  • spfeif - 2015-04-14

I have looked and tried changing all types of Project->Options but nothing has fixed this as well as the standard Project->Check

I am running windows 7 with V2.3.9.38

Typically during a build CoDeSys will present you with warnings in the Message Window when the compiler can not resolve connections between the data referenced in the visualization and the PLC program. Since I received this newer computer CoDesys does not show any messages for non-resolved variables in visualizations. This version of CoDesys is on many computers and none of them exhibit this behaviour. I typically have to take my projects to another computer and compile there to determine if there are any conflicts.

Has anyone seen this or know of a solution.

• shooter - 2015-04-16

Try to find the window, mine starts with a fully shifted errors window all the way to top, so first thing is a mouse pull downwards.
    it should be in window list.

• spfeif - 2015-04-16

Maybe I am misunderstanding your response shooter but I have access to the message window it just has no visualization warning messages in it. I think you are asking me to find the window. The window is not missing the data in the window is missing.

• shooter - 2015-04-16

make screenshots, steve

• spfeif - 2015-04-17

So I added three text boxes to display PLC_PRG.sinput1..2..3, which of course are not in the PLC_PRG namespace. I did a build then I even did a clean all build and here is the output of the compile (NoWarnings).

BUT what I just noticed is that after I login in simulation mode, I noticed the message window flashed to disapear and now the warnings show up see my other screen shot. It looks like it is displaying the warnings at download instead of on compile. In the past it would always tell me at compile time what was not linked. I don't typically run my programs (login) since I don't have the actual hardware and sometimes trying to run the project in simulation will cause CoDeSys to crash.

IMG: WarningsAfterLogin.jpg

IMG: NoWarnings.jpg

• shooter - 2015-04-17

steve it depends a little on what is active.
    when the vis is not on screen, and not used, it is not checked as it is not compiling.
    it depends on your activity,
    and yes sometimes it crashes, so i have safe before compile on. this way i can go back to the autosave file.

• spfeif - 2015-04-17

When you say that it's not on screen and not compiling it has before and on other computers just not mine. In the past it would always go through the visualizations and give me a list exactly as you see in my screen capture every time I compiled. But it doesn't anymore so I assumed it was an option somewhere. I have actually taken my projects to other computers and by just doing a compile I am able to see all the bad connections between the visual and program I used it all the time. Now I can't because it doesn't work on my computer.

• shooter - 2015-04-18

yes it is also an option checking for unused etc
    it has also effect with target and settings like web vis etc.
    But normally you see the warnings, so i do not know the real answer (no worries it is not a perfect program)