Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

start up v2.3

i lunn
2015-03-26
2015-03-30
  • i lunn - 2015-03-26

Hi recantly started to use this software and one thing I notice is that upon start up it always opens a project previously opened is there any way to re-route this to open a template or anything other than last job.

• shooter - 2015-03-26

another way is to use rightclick on a pro file and it will open that one.

• shooter - 2015-03-26

options load uncheck autoload.

• i lunn - 2015-03-27

shooter hat geschrieben:
    options load uncheck autoload.

tryed that it was checked so i unchecked, resaved but when opening codesys again the same program came on again and the auto load box is checked again.

• shooter - 2015-03-27

first use a new program then uncheck it, no need to save it (as far as i know)

• i lunn - 2015-03-27

shooter hat geschrieben:
    first use a new program then uncheck it, no need to save it (as far as i know)

Just tryed that, still same but noticed its not actualy last program opened if quite an old program and seems to allways be same one.
    Just bit of back ground, I have inherited this programing job from guy no longer working for us and the codesys system we are finding is very temprimental so im creating list of issues and hoping to work throu them one by one.

• shooter - 2015-03-27

what codesys are you using?

• i lunn - 2015-03-27

shooter hat geschrieben:
    what codesys are you using?

2.3.6.1 Build Feb 2006

• shooter - 2015-03-27

codeys is started with a batch file icon.
    check if there is a PRO name in the startup.
    what target is used like a WAGO 750-880

• shooter - 2015-03-27

so you are online,
    do you have skype?
    if so call the paul.deelen
    i am the married couple in black

• shooter - 2015-03-27

that is very old
    9 years, but if the PLC is running on it, leave it like it is.
    Some newer software will not always work with old PLC types as there is a program in rom, and impossible to upgrade it.

• i lunn - 2015-03-27

shooter hat geschrieben:
    codeys is started with a batch file icon.
    check if there is a PRO name in the startup.
    what target is used like a WAGO 750-880

Just noticed if I close the automaticly opened program then go to open a recant one there none in the history apart from very old programs not sure if this is relevant. not sure how i would check if there is a PRO name in the startup!

• shooter - 2015-03-27

where do you start the codesys? on desktop by icon, in program files under 3s software or....

• i lunn - 2015-03-27

shooter hat geschrieben:
    where do you start the codesys? on desktop by icon, in program files under 3s software or....

we have icon on desk top I have checked properties
    in "target" it says "C:\Program Files\ifm electronic\CoDeSys V2.3\Codesys.exe"
    in "start in" it says "C:\Program Files\ifm electronic\CoDeSys V2.3"

• shooter - 2015-03-27

so now you now where it starts.
    if you uncheck this autoload it should work the next time.
    no need for saving, just close it without saving.
    another way is to make a new program
    put in PLC_PRG nothing:=true; and next time it wil start with this one.

So working with IFM, do you have manual from IFM?
    available on the net.
    https://www.ifm.com/img/Codesys_user_v2.3.pdf

and yes help is no problem.

• i lunn - 2015-03-30

shooter hat geschrieben:
    so now you now where it starts.
    if you uncheck this autoload it should work the next time.
    no need for saving, just close it without saving.
    another way is to make a new program
    put in PLC_PRG nothing:=true; and next time it wil start with this one.
    So working with IFM, do you have manual from IFM?
    available on the net.
    https://www.ifm.com/img/Codesys_user_v2.3.pdf
    and yes help is no problem.

Hi Shooter
    Thanks for your assistance I have tryed unchecking the autoload which did not work I have also created new program but still the old program opens noticed its not the previously opened program but one done in 2013. I am finding this software very frustrating and this is only one of the issues we have with it some are known to be down to policey's set up on the companys computer system, I'm wondering if this problem is also caused by the same.

• shooter - 2015-03-30

There are millions of users of codesys software, and they seem to be happy, apart from the siemens users.

Go to the directory C:\Program Files\ifm electronic\CoDeSys V2.3\Codesys.exe and start this program.
    when it starts with a old program, start a new project.
    answer some questions about target etc.

Then in the PLC_PRG write nothing:=true;
    save the program
    exit codesys.

now start up codesys again and check wich program is shown.
    If it is nothing.pro uncheck the autoload, exit and try again.

if this does not help zip or rar the contents of the folder (i know it is big) and use wetransfer.com to send it to me, and i will have a look at it.

If it does help, but when you use the icon on desktop, check the icon.

It is very difficult to take over from somebody, he has made a system and you have no clue how he has done it.

The software is straight forward, but it has some bends, and i will help you getting acquainted with it.
    other ways are http://www.sps-forum.de/forum.php
    plcs.net
    and yes i do have skype and email.

• i lunn - 2015-03-30

shooter hat geschrieben:
    There are millions of users of codesys software, and they seem to be happy, apart from the siemens users.
    Go to the directory C:\Program Files\ifm electronic\CoDeSys V2.3\Codesys.exe and start this program.
    when it starts with a old program, start a new project.
    answer some questions about target etc.
    Then in the PLC_PRG write nothing:=true;
    save the program
    exit codesys.
    If it is nothing.pro uncheck the autoload, exit and try again.
    if this does not help zip or rar the contents of the folder (i know it is big) and use wetransfer.com to send it to me, and i will have a look at it.
    If it does help, but when you use the icon on desktop, check the icon.
    It is very difficult to take over from somebody, he has made a system and you have no clue how he has done it.
    The software is straight forward, but it has some bends, and i will help you getting acquainted with it.
    other ways are http://www.sps-forum.de/forum.php
    plcs.net
    and yes i do have skype and email.

Hi got down as far as the part in bold and again the old program opens. When you say when you say "send contents of folder" do you mean the one that keeps opening or the new one?

• shooter - 2015-03-30

to be sure send the complete codesys directory called C:\Program Files\ifm electronic\
    i hope the projects are part of this directory, if not please send the projects folder too.

• i lunn - 2015-03-30

shooter hat geschrieben:
    to be sure send the complete codesys directory called C:\Program Files\ifm electronic\
    i hope the projects are part of this directory, if not please send the projects folder too.

Thanks for your help Shooter But iv hit brick wall. Now I am unable to zip up the codesys directory company has the system locked up so much it refuses to let me do anything, then the Projects folder is on what we know as a "G" drive and is a portition on the companys computer system the folder has in it approx 1400 files and 55 folders also. I'm wondering if we should just draw line under the lot, upgrade to latter version and start again,

• shooter - 2015-03-30

Please keep the old version as this allows you to see online running, when using newer version this will be impossible.
    same for libs and programs.
    For each installation i make a sticky, with everything on, just to be sure i can get back to the installed system.
    It is no great problem to use external drives, however it is a risk to do so.
    In version 2.3 was no versioncontrol, in version3 there is.
    Make very sure you can compile to the version that is used in the PLC's .
    Even the smallest change in program or a library (even a date/time stamp) will give problems and the PLC will say program is different from existing one, downloading again, and if not carefull, you will loose recipes, hourmeters setups speeds times etc.
    First of all i would recommend to make a copy of all the directories that are used in the ifm system, probably giving lots of doubles but dont care.
    Then make for each programmed PLC, a directory with the needed files (archive).
    It is a common problem to cleanup and sort all these old files.
    Use a separate computer (laptop) to play with codesys, that way you can not damage original files, and dont be afraid to to get familiar.

1400 files is not too much to zip them.

And yes for newer projects better to make a new setup, ask ifm if they will give you latest version of the software.
    You can also use the demo codesys from codesys.com, only install it in another directory, it will work just fine.
    Hoping i can still be of a help to you.

• i lunn - 2015-03-30

shooter hat geschrieben:
    Please keep the old version as this allows you to see online running, when using newer version this will be impossible.
    same for libs and programs.
    For each installation i make a sticky, with everything on, just to be sure i can get back to the installed system.
    It is no great problem to use external drives, however it is a risk to do so.
    In version 2.3 was no versioncontrol, in version3 there is.
    Make very sure you can compile to the version that is used in the PLC's .
    Even the smallest change in program or a library (even a date/time stamp) will give problems and the PLC will say program is different from existing one, downloading again, and if not carefull, you will loose recipes, hourmeters setups speeds times etc.
    First of all i would recommend to make a copy of all the directories that are used in the ifm system, probably giving lots of doubles but dont care.
    Then make for each programmed PLC, a directory with the needed files (archive).
    It is a common problem to cleanup and sort all these old files.
    Use a separate computer (laptop) to play with codesys, that way you can not damage original files, and dont be afraid to to get familiar.
    1400 files is not too much to zip them.
    And yes for newer projects better to make a new setup, ask ifm if they will give you latest version of the software.
    You can also use the demo codesys from codesys.com, only install it in another directory, it will work just fine.
    Hoping i can still be of a help to you.

Thanks again
    Your comments noted and appreciated