Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Prefixes

japhomepc
2015-03-04
2015-04-17
  • japhomepc - 2015-03-04

Is there a prefix that is commonly used with physical inputs and outputs?

• t.lundahl - 2015-03-05

I see many use xVariable for input boolians and probably the use the qVariable for outputs. I use din and dout sometimes.

/TorbjΓΆrn

• shooter - 2015-03-05

It is not part of 61131 nor from PLCOpen

However it is used, nowadays it is not that important anymore as when you hover over a name it will show you what type and where it is.

Here is a file from Lenze with names.
    I try to use these (not always i am not perfect)
    why lenze (well they have office here.

DDS__Drive PLC Developer Studio IEC61131 3 programming__v2 0__EN.pdf [353.6 KiB]

• t.lundahl - 2015-03-06

Good basic document.

• spfeif - 2015-04-17

Thanks shooter,

Pretty close to what I use. But what are your thoughts on the naming convention as it pertains to CoDeSys 2.3 vs V3 and making things some what backwards compatible in a way (Since many people like myself develope on both and we all had to start at 2.3 first). In other words V2.3 is what especially prompted this naming convention since variable types where not visible in V2.3 but are in V3.0? Same with hovering over the variable in V2.3 you only see the comment not the type as you do in V3. I would just like to get your opinion on this as although V3 has many new features (thankfully) I still carry through the same naming convention I use.

• shooter - 2015-04-17

codesys manual:
    Recommendations on the naming of identifiers
    Identifiers are defined at the declaration of variables (Variable names), user-defined data types and at the creation of POUs (functions, function blocks, programs) and visualizations. You might follow the following recommendations concerning the naming of identifiers in order to make it as unique as possible.

i tried to copy it , however there is a table in it so please look for yourself.