Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

XSoft-Codesys 2.3.9 Crashed, I can't load my project now

Anonymous
2014-06-12
2014-06-13
  • Anonymous - 2014-06-12

Originally created by: pr2009

Hello everybody

I have a big problem, today Codesys application crashed during simulation oparation. After this I can not open my project, I get a message:
    "Could not open project/library (no vaild project/library file)"
    I did not make any backup of this project (I know I'm stupid ) and also I did not download sourcecode to PLC.
    This program works on my customer PLC but I have to make some changes and now I can't.
    I have this probably corrupted .pro file, maybe there is a chance to fix it somehow???
    I also downloaded a compiled program from PLC, maybe there is a way to decompiled it?

Please help me someway, don't tell me that I have to write this program again

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-06-13

Hi,
    you need to send the project file to 3S support,
    in most of the cases, the project file could be restored if they are corrupt.

I also downloaded a compiled program from PLC, maybe there is a way to decompiled it?
    No; this is not possible!

BR
    Edwin

• Anonymous - 2014-06-13

Hi Edwin

Thanks for answer, I send my files to 3S yesterday and now I'm waiting and praying.
    I write here also because I was hoping that there is some way that we can do this on our own.

Greetings
    Przemek

• eschwellinger

eschwellinger - 2014-06-13

Hi,
    do you any backup of it?
    The .pro file has only 4kB I fear the worst.

BR
    Edwin

IMG: createBack.jpg

• shooter - 2014-06-13

find all the .pro files
    find all the programname.
    files
    they can be anywhere stored so look in main directory and down.
    look in the trashcan (on computer )
    look in the manual of the machine, i put it always on a sticky, as my installations sail all over the world. (yes they can make their own unit with it.) not happened yet

• Anonymous - 2014-06-13

Hi Edwin

No, like I wrote before I have no backup.
    Right now I'm doing like you showed me for the rest of my projects.
    There are no excuses for me but i'm using CoDeSys for about 8 years now and I never have a situation like this. Even if sometimes application crashed .pro file always was ok.
    I was always doing backup manually but now this project was not complete, it works but there was some bugs in it.
    That is way I didn't make a backup because I was still working on it.
    Yes you are right, the .pro file is very small. Is CoDeSys removes this file during some operations???
    Maybe I can restore this file with some undelete software????

Hi shooter, i'm not sure what are you suggest.

Greetings
    Przemek

• shooter - 2014-06-13

look all over your computer maybe it has backups you are not aware of, search on date for example,undelete software works sometimes.
    look into zip files, as archive uses zip as extension.
    to use undelete you must not save the small.pro file maybe it finds links to other protions.

• Anonymous - 2014-06-13

Hey Guys

Thanks for all answers but I have no luck with my project.
    The .pro file was to small and to corrupted to restore.
    And I didn't find any backup files in my computer.

I can only write this project again

The worst thing is that this program is working and I can even see a web visualization from PLC, but I can't retrive it.

Thanks again

Przemek

• shooter - 2014-06-13

i forgot to mention the *.exp extension.
    hopefully you did an export, i love it as i can read this.