Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Input/Output LED's

Anonymous
2014-04-30
2014-05-02
  • Anonymous - 2014-04-30

Originally created by: Alex_

Hello,

I am working with a CR0303 (Master) and CR2016 (Slave). I have the ladder program written, and have no problems logging in and running the program. Both LED's come on for each controller and blink green at 2kHz as expected. I can force the inputs and outputs on/off within the software via the function blocks in the POU, the ladder itself and the global variables. All the rungs go true when any/all are forced on/off.

That being said, I am not able to see any corresponding LED's come on when the I/O are forced on. Naturally the CR0303 does not have status LED's, however the CR2016 does. I cannot figure out how to configure them to respond when forced on. Looking through the appendix of the Device Manual I should be able to configure them but I cannot seem to locate where this takes place inside Codesys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Alex

• Anonymous - 2014-05-01

Originally created by: Alex_

Update:

I think I narrowed it down to incorrect physical addressing. I see how the IFM CR0303 controller is addressed, but how would I address to the CR2016 card? It appears that I'm not writing to the controller correctly.

I'm more familiar with Allen-Bradley PLC's and addressing I/O (Address identifies the card in the rack and the input/output in that card), Codesys is still brand new to me. I see the %QX0.0 (first output of card) addresses for the master card, but what is the convention for the slave card? %QX0<=does this zero identify the Node #?)

If this is true, would the slave card follow suit with the Correct Node #, for example: 2nd Node=> %QX2.0 (first output on 2nd node)? This is very unclear in the manuals.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Alex

• shooter - 2014-05-02

under resources look at plc configuration