Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Target information error opening V2.3.9.7 prog in V2.3.9.38

cyclops
2013-07-15
2019-12-10
  • cyclops - 2013-07-15

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to open a V2.3.9.7 project in V2.3.9.38.

On opening the project, an error message comes up saying "Error while reading target information", then "Error while loading the PLC configuration! Description file for module 'module.root' not found. Change Configuration directory?"

I hit Ok for the first error, then no the second.

I find that in the opened project, The PLC configuration in Resources says "not_found".

I also notice that in the Directories under Options, there's nothing in the Target section (in the V2.3.9.7 project, it points to the WAGO target folder in program files).

I am guessing I need to have the V2.3.9.38 project point to it's target folder, but I don't know how.

Please help!

• shooter - 2013-07-18

copy the targets to the resource folder.
    this way you can use old and new version.

• cyclops - 2013-07-30

shooter hat geschrieben:
    copy the targets to the resource folder.
    this way you can use old and new version.

thanks for the reply.

but I don't see the resources folder in the C:\Program Files (x86)\3S Software. where would it usually be?

• craigchamberlin - 2013-08-06

I'm having this same problem when attempting to open sample programs posted here. Any advice would be great.

• iamnotarobot - 2019-12-10

I had same problem. Installed: Setup_XC_XV_Targets_V2.3.9_SP3.exe

Now all is well!