Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Is it possible to use CoDeSys library in Visual Studio?

UmaA
2013-06-07
2013-06-11
  • UmaA - 2013-06-07

Hello,

I am new to CoDeSys; I am working with Festo CPX-CEC C1 terminal. More than one axis is connected to the terminal. My objective is to develop .NET application, provide GUI to control the movement of the axis ( Control and Status parameters).

Festo has provided motion library (Festo_motion.lib) to control the movement of the axis. As I understand this library is created using CoDeSys. Festo_motion library provides all the I/O control and status for the controller.

OPC, DDE. modbus tcp/ip are the options suggested to send the commands from C++/.NET application to control the axis. When I worked with OPC, I found out that the feedback (refreshrate) of position value is slow compared to CoDeSys sample visualization project.

I would like to know whether it is possible to link the library built with CoDeSys in Visual Studio? In other words, Is it possible to create the visualization in C++/.NET and use CoDeSys built library(Festo_motion.library) to communicate with the controller?

Thanks,
    Uma

• shooter - 2013-06-11

No you can not use the library, however you can run codesys on a PC, You do not have to write anything in Studio.
    ask Festo how to do so.
    Best is to use a IPC of Festo, it is fast and has visualisation built in.