Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Package Files

spfeif
2013-01-16
2018-01-24
  • spfeif - 2013-01-16

From the store the free files are in .package files. I searched CoDeSys V3 help, Forum, and google for what is a package file? What do you do with these files? Are they maybe V3.5 archive files since I have V3.0 which generates .projectarchive files?

• chab - 2013-02-06

In windows explorer, I get an option to install. See figure.
    In the CoDeSys GUI, I do not know either.

Regards,
    Edwin.

IMG: CoDeSys_package.JPG

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2013-02-06

Hi,

package files are possible extensions for CODESYS from version V3.4. They can include multiple content such as devices, libraries, projects, version profiles, plug-in components as extensions for CODESYS as well as documentation.

As Edwin said: you can install packages from the file system. In addition to that in CODESYS V3 (from version V3.4) under the menu command Tools you will find the so called Package Manager. There you can directly install or de-install those packages.

From version V3.5 SP2 the access to the CODESYS store is fully integrated: this means there is Store button which opens the store with the integrated browser. The advantage is that you can directly install packages into CODESYS without saving them of the file system. Guess which well-known internet platform we had in mind during the development .

I hope this explanation brings some light into packages .

• spfeif - 2013-02-06

So will individual companies have access to a "cloud store" of our own? Can we setup a server somewhere (in our own company) that we can use this technology or is 3s going to sell this to customers as a service?

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2013-02-07

Hi,

of course individual companies may create their own packages with add-ons to CODESYS. In order to do so the so called Package Designer is needed - it will be available end of March for free in the CODESYS store (so far the creation of packages is a tool developer's work).
    Thus packages are a way to distribute add-ons in a compact way for every CODESYS V3 user.

3S-Smart Software Solutions will not provide a "cloud store". But we have the CODESYS Store, which is open for new CODESYS V3 products offered as package from any source. Thus if you have any useful library, template, sample project you want to share, either for free or as a commercial offer - please contact us under e store@codesys.com e . There are some formal steps and tests to be passed. After that we will be pleased to spread your add-on in the Store.

• spfeif - 2013-02-07

I see. From your initial quote it looked like you could put your whole project online. My thought was we could manage our companies software through the web site. In other words I support an estimated 20 different products. Each has revisions and accompanying software. I was thinking we could send our service staff to "Our Store" and get any files necessary. Ok I have it now.

• RolandWagner

RolandWagner - 2013-02-07

Of course this a nice idea . So far it is not on our road map.

• pinal.baraiya - 2016-06-09

Hello Roland,

Thanks for sharing information. But i have downloaded the package of VisuDialogs for NumPad and KeyPad. I have installed them too, but in package manager the icon of that particular package is shown as RED color.

also once installed, how to use them? how can i get this NumPad Example, it is very crucial for me right now to use this NumPad and it is not working and/or i dont know how to use them. That is why i downloaded it from Codesys Store, but as i have said, dont know what to do next.

Could you please give me some guidance.

Thanks,
    Pinal

Roland Wagner hat geschrieben:
    Of course this a nice idea . So far it is not on our road map.

• Anonymous - 2016-06-16

Originally created by: barkamharikrishna

pinal.baraiya hat geschrieben:
    Hello Roland,
    Thanks for sharing information. But i have downloaded the package of VisuDialogs for NumPad and KeyPad. I have installed them too, but in package manager the icon of that particular package is shown as RED color.
    also once installed, how to use them? how can i get this NumPad Example, it is very crucial for me right now to use this NumPad and it is not working and/or i dont know how to use them. That is why i downloaded it from Codesys Store, but as i have said, dont know what to do next.
    Thanks,
    Pinal

• ASM1718 - 2018-01-18

pinal.baraiya hat geschrieben:
    Hello Roland,
    Thanks,
    Pinal

• lst-tech - 2018-01-24

The installed samples can be found at:

C:\Users[USERNAME]\CODESYS Examples

There are subfolders for each downloaded and installed package.