Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

communication error

LIAVIN
2010-10-20
2014-01-18
  • LIAVIN - 2010-10-20

I have done step by stop as below:

1- +24 v for the supply at pin01 connector x1

2- gnd for the supply at pin 02 connector x1

3- a 9 pin female cable 1:1 from serial com1 to the gender changer.

4- I couldn't buy an EC2076, but I had a normal gender changer so I have connected

pin 6 to 9 - pin 2 to 3 - pin 3 to 2 - pin 5 to 5 manualy !

5- I have loaded the proper configuration file for the CR0301 in the IFMvdownloader.

6- In the Interface menu I have selected RS232 with 19200 for bps/ com1/DB:8/STOP BITS:1/PARITY:N

7- In the protocol menu I had selected : codesysv2.3 c167

When I want to Identify STILL I have communication error!!!

• spfeif - 2010-10-20

ou are probably missing the main thing every new IFM person misses. You need Voltage 10-30VDC typically 24VDC on what IFM calls the test pin. It is on PIN 9 of the DB9 of the serial port. If you look at the schematic IFM provides power to Pin 6, the same power you provide to power the PLC, so that you can jumper it to pin 9. Connect Pin 6 and Pin 9 together on the PLC side not the computer side because you don't want high voltage into your computer. The test pin prevents anyone from accessing any memory on the PLC, even you! If you go to the IFM web site they sell a silver looking DB9 extension what that does is it automatically jumps Pin 6 to Pin 9 for you and also allows you to connect a serial cable to your computer.Look at the pdf and it will show you the internal wiring schematic. I have to assume that you you set the baud rate correctly. I think the default baud rate for a 301 out of the box is 19.2. Lets start there and see where that gets us. So far all IFM PLC's have this same test pin.

• spfeif - 2010-10-20

You don't need to load anything to get Identity. Actually in the manual I have it shows a default baud rate for the CR0301 as 9600 baud not 19.2 sorry about that. You can always change the baud rate latter with the download tool. What version of the downloader are you using? The current version is 6.9.0 this will actually auto search through multiple baud rates and will also change the chipset type trying to locate a PLC on that comport. How are you connected to a serial port? Is it USB to Serial or a physical com port directly on the computer? So you find the comport in the control panel? Have you tried the following just open hyperterminal and use a loop back adapter (connect 2-3 of your serial port) start typing and you should see the typed data echoed back to the hyperterminal screen. If you don't you have a problem. What is the status of your led on the CR0301 is it green? What is the approximate flash rate high/low?

• LIAVIN - 2010-10-24

I couldn't buy an EC2076 SO I have used 2 serial cables (1:1) switching pin 2 & 3 places with 2 piece of wire in between them and I made a simple jumper to connect pin 6 to 9, in the gender changer plc side .
    I have checked the pin connection one by one with a multi meter. They are all correct as the picture you have sent.
    Also pin6 on controller has the same voltage as supply voltage +24v.

As I mentioned before I have checked the loopback test which you have taught me (it was interesting) both of the cables are ok.

Today I want to format my pc and install a fresh copy of win XP, it is my last hope to get rid of "communication error"

• spfeif - 2010-10-25

Sorry again. The latest manual for the CR0301 on the IFM web site states 57.6 as the default baud rate. Installing a "fresh copy of XP" will not get rid of your communication issue. It will probably waste an entire day (after all the restarts and service packs). There must be something more fundamentally wrong. What is the LED color and flash rate of the CR0301? If it is new out of the box then it should be flashing green at about 2Hz (2/sec). This means there is only a bootloader installed on the PLC. Is the PLC new or did you get it from somewhere?

• LIAVIN - 2010-10-26

I have heard that the "CP9008" is the proper software for the CR0301, have anybody heard about such a thing?

• spfeif - 2010-10-27

What is CP9008? When you say proper software you mean the CoDeSys Runtime / IFM Runtime referred to as the OS?

So steps for getting PLC working out of the box:

1. LED on CR0301 will be flashing quickly ~ 2 to 3 times/sec (Same for all IFM PLC). This means only a bootloader is installed. What is a bootloader? The bare minimum software that is pre-installed that can manage downloads to the PLC. It is responsible for writing data to the correct memory locations on the PLC. So in this case when you tell the IFM downloader you are downloading an OS the software tells the bootloader here is a file that is an OS so put it in the correct memory location.
    2. Open downloader and select the correct OS file. By selecting the download button on V6.x.x and higher downloader. make sure the OPTIONS-FILE OPTIONS menu and only have selected "Runtime System/Application Program". This file will have an extension .h86. You can find this in the default path "C:\Program Files\ifm electronic\CoDeSys V2.3\Targets\ifm\Library\ifm_CR0301\" Vxxxxxx. The Vxxxxx is version number of the OS. As I mentioned there are many. The OS needs to match the Target you select when you build a PLC application. If you don't match them then an error will be generated from CoDeSys when you try to download an application with a different target then what is installed on the PLC.
    3. After download the LED will turn solid green. This means you either have a program on the PLC but it is stopped (not running) or you have no program on the PLC at all. In this case you have no program on the PLC.

That's all. Now you need to develop your application. You can change the OS to any version you want.

Currently the OS versions are as follows (You will find the same selection of the PLC target from within CoDeSys as well):

ifm_CR0301_V040000.H86
    ifm_CR0301_V040002.H86
    ifm_CR0301_V050001.H86

• LIAVIN - 2010-10-30

Hi,
    At last I have communicated with CR0020, thanks to you .
    so I think something must be wrong with my CR0301.
    Is there any solution to check the controller health?
    when I supply the +24v power, the LED flashes green (2 or 3 times per second) as you have said.

I have decided to work with CR0020 & buy another CR0301 later.

Best regards.

• bilecik11 - 2014-01-18

LIAVIN hat geschrieben:
    I have done step by stop as below:
    1- +24 v for the supply at pin01 connector x1
    2- gnd for the supply at pin 02 connector x1
    3- a 9 pin female cable 1:1 from serial com1 to the gender changer.
    4- I couldn't buy an EC2076, but I had a normal gender changer so I have connected
    pin 6 to 9 - pin 2 to 3 - pin 3 to 2 - pin 5 to 5 manualy !
    5- I have loaded the proper configuration file for the CR0301 in the IFMvdownloader.
    6- In the Interface menu I have selected RS232 with 19200 for bps/ com1/DB:8/STOP BITS:1/PARITY:N
    7- In the protocol menu I had selected : codesysv2.3 c167
    When I want to Identify STILL I have communication error!!!