Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

J1939 addressing

Anonymous
2008-10-01
2009-01-08
  • Anonymous - 2008-10-01

Originally created by: Carmichael_keith

in the ifm_J1939_V040000.lib library there is a function block with it's 3rd input pin labeled "my address" does this correlate to the node id of the micro controller which the program is being downloaded into.

It sounds like a simple question but the reason why I'm unsure is because when I went through this with a guy from IFM the other day he said this is usually "0".

In the programs I've used before this visit, they were labeled "0" and yet the controller node ID was 30 and they worked fine which makes me think not.

Thanks

Keith

• spfeif - 2009-01-08

I use the IFM J1939 library all the time but it is not clear which FB you are refering to. J1939 also uses an ID. I believe the main Engine is always 1. Take for instance if an Engine is programmed to directly communicate with a transmission the Engine will look for data with the ID 3 (3 is an example and not the actual ID). This ID will be part of the 29bit ID sent on the buss. You can find all the defined ID's in the J1939 spec. In my case we needed to have our engine programmed to listen to my specific ID so that I could control the trottle. If you still need help with anything J1939 just drop me a line.