Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Retain variables - saving and restoring

zebra
2011-03-03
2011-03-10
  • zebra - 2011-03-03
    1. I have a question about the functions sysrestoreretains and syssaveretains. I am using these functions to save the retain data and to restore the retain using a usb port on my PLC. These functions work on my PLC. HOWEVER, they do NOT work if the file doesn't already exist at the target location. This is only a small nuisance.

Does anyone who has used these functions know if this limitation is due to my PLC or CoDeSys 2.3?

1. Related question - Once I save my retain data to my USB, I am not able to do any more reads or writes to the USB unless I remove the USB thumbdrive and re-insert the drive. Any ideas why this might be?

Thank you!

• spfeif - 2011-03-03

What PLC?

• zebra - 2011-03-03

Festo CECX-X-M1

Thanks.

• zebra - 2011-03-10

It turns out that the firmware in the PLC was very old. When this PLC is returned to me, I will try updating the firmware and trying it again. Thank you for your input!