Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Auto re-login

k2teknik
2016-06-29
2016-07-04
  • k2teknik - 2016-06-29

I have an application inCodesys that automatically start with windows and also do a login to the PLC, it works nicely.
    But now and then my network is unstable (or overloaded) and the application lose connection to the PLC, so I wounder if there is a way to make the application trying to re-login to the PLC if connection is lost?

• shooter - 2016-06-30

what is the PC running is it also codesys running or only a visualisation coming from the PLC.

• k2teknik - 2016-06-30

shooter hat geschrieben:
    what is the PC running is it also codesys running or only a visualisation coming from the PLC.
    The PC is only running codesys, the start of codesys go like this:

"C:\Programmer\3S Software\CoDeSys V2.3\Codesys.exe" "C:\PLCprogram\MyPLCprogram.pro" /online /run /noinfo

• shooter - 2016-07-04

the simplest way is to use a watchdog in the PLC, and switch off the PC when it happens, if only comms fail you can reboot the system with software boot program.