Welcome to our new forum
All users of the legacy CODESYS Forums, please create a new account at account.codesys.com. But make sure to use the same E-Mail address as in the old Forum. Then your posts will be matched. Close

Out of Retain Memory with IFM CR1201 with CodeSys V3.5 SP8

2016-05-27
2016-06-02
  • pinal.baraiya - 2016-05-27

Hi There,

I am using IFM CR1201, with CodeSys V3.5 SP8, but i am facing an issue while defining the retain variable. It does not give any error while compiling but when i try to download the program into the screen, it gives me

I am defining the variable as below:

VAR_GLOBAL RETAIN

hmiX1000_Digit : INT;

END_VAR

"Out of Retain Memory : Variable "hmiX1000_Digit", 2 bytes (Largest Contiguous gap 32724) (Incremental Compilation may produce fragmented memory. Perfrom "Build, Clean" to force a reallocation of all data and code."

Does anybody have come across with such kind of issue in CodeSys V3.5 with IFM Screen? if so and have found some solution, could you please help me out.

Thanks,

• shooter - 2016-05-30

please use correct board forum as this is version 2.3

• mawa - 2016-05-31

Hi,

for the CR1201, and all other ifm displays with Codesys V3, it's only possible to use "Persistent Variables".
    unfortunately the compiler does not report an error...

Just add the object "Persistence Variables" to your Application.

Best regards,
    mawa

• pinal.baraiya - 2016-06-02

Hello Mawa,

Yes i have already tried "Persistent Variable" , it works. But just wondering why it is not working for Retain.

But anyway as you have mentioned that it does not support retain, but it is working with persistent, then there is no issue